Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a Random Orbit Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Fuller View Post
    ETS150! The best RO in the world. Well in the US that is until the Mirka Ceros is released.
    I'd love to buy this, incredible power, exactly what I'm looking for, but it's tough to justify $600+ for a ROS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiji Fuller View Post
    ETS150! The best RO in the world. Well in the US that is until the Mirka Ceros is released.
    I'd love to buy a 150, but it's tough to justify the $600+ price tag. The sander definitely has the power I`m looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Overton View Post
    I believe the 1295 has been discontinued. The Klingspor version had been on clearance for $50, but I believe they sold out. You may still find them on the shelves of a local Borg, or maybe a refurb at CPO.

Thats is interesting about the Klingspor ROS, they have several of them the last time I was in a store (maybe 2 months ago) but although they still show on the Klingspor site they are no longer on the retail site.

Harlan, does Amazon ship to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chritz View Post
    ........I have... a PC333 (which I have beaten unmercifully for years)........
    Ditto. Exactly ditto - 10 (?) yrs. I think that is maybe the only tool for which I have never researched comparison tool reviews.......not that I'd mind a new one, just that I've never had a reason. I'm happy, but with no other experinece, what the heck do I know?
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Ditto. Exactly ditto - 10 (?) yrs. I think that is maybe the only tool for which I have never researched comparison tool reviews.......not that I'd mind a new one, just that I've never had a reason. I'm happy, but with no other experinece, what the heck do I know?
    That is a pretty solid sander, I have one that has been used a lot as well. I must say though there are a lot of other sanders, especially now, that leave a better finish, less vibration and have better dust capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post

Harlan, does Amazon ship to Canada?

Unfortunately no. I wish they did. It`s a struggle sometimes to find the brands/models I'm looking for as not many US retailers will ship to Canada and not many Canadian retailers carry them...

Harlen, PM me if you are really interested in something you can't get or the price is stupid and I can track down the cost to reship to you when I know what you want and figure the weight, if it is resonable for you after reshipping I will be happy to help you. I ship stuff internationally every week so it isn't a big deal.

Had the PC until I tried a Ridgid. Much quieter and smoother.
    Would buy another one.

Harlan.. can I ask where about you are ? I noticed you linked to KMS.. I am on Vancouver Island ..

You can get pretty much any of those models in Canada..

I'll be the second to suggest the Milwaukee. The Bosch mentioned leaves my hands numb after short use and it had the feel to me of trying to walk away while in use. I tried the Milwaukee and find it the best I have used and that includes Craftsman.. Makita.. the older PC's as I have no clue on the new. Excellent dust control.. smooth as silk.. quiet and quick stop. I liked it so well I purchased another and gave the Bosch away to a local entry level. Just my opinion based on personal use of course.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    Harlan.. can I ask where about you are ? I noticed you linked to KMS.. I am on Vancouver Island ..

You can get pretty much any of those models in Canada..
    I know KMS does sell a few of the models, but have you noticed the price difference?

For the Bosch 3725 $260 in Canada vs $140 in the US... that's almost half the price and even after factoring in duty/exchange/shipping under $200 CDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Harlen, PM me if you are really interested in something you can't get or the price is stupid and I can track down the cost to reship to you when I know what you want and figure the weight, if it is resonable for you after reshipping I will be happy to help you. I ship stuff internationally every week so it isn't a big deal.
    I definitely appreciate the offer and there's probably a good chance I'll take you up on it once I figure out exactly what I want.

I'm still leaning towards the 3725, but also considering buying something like a Bosch 1250 http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1250DEVS.../dp/B0001408SO (if I can find something in a 5") along with a second smaller ROS.

Still undecided what to do though...

Porter Cable

I just built some baltic birch drawers and used my Festool 125 to sand up the edges of the ply. I turned down the dial and I was very impressed with the results. I have only had this sander a couple of months, but this application convinced me that this sander belongs in my shop. I have other sanders, but I think they would be too aggressive or difficult to control in this application.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Theaker View Post
    I definitely appreciate the offer and there's probably a good chance I'll take you up on it once I figure out exactly what I want.

I'm still leaning towards the 3725, but also considering buying something like a Bosch 1250 http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1250DEVS.../dp/B0001408SO (if I can find something in a 5") along with a second smaller ROS.

Still undecided what to do though...
    No prob, just let me know.

Be aware the "angle grinder" type sanders are much harder to control and despite the opinion of some that extends to the Festool Rotex as well, in fact the best dual action 6" is the Makita 6040. This certainly is all based on MNSHO.