Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Recent Pieces

Dave
    I'm agog! Your choice and use of the wood takes this far beyond mere woodworking. It is beautiful artwork and craftmanship.
    Never pass up the chance to use a hand plane.

Very nice work...Great detail....Beautiful
    Last edited by Jay Jolliffe; 05-23-2010 at 3:58 PM.

What the! HOLY SKILLS Woodman!

Just love the william and mary lowboy. The figure in you wood is just incredible and the skill you worked them even more. Makes my work look adolescent.
    Fullerbuilt

Wink Way to reveal the inner beauty of the tree!

Nice work. My local hardwood store just got a shipment of figured maple in, your photos make me want to go buy the whole pallet! LOL.

Thanks for sharing.
    Randy Gazda
    Big Sky Country

Just when I thought I was getting the hang of this stuff and really turning the corner into quality workmanship, you brought me down quite a few pegs on the ladder. I will now sulk for a few minutes, and then use you as an example to work even harder. That is truly incredible work.

Vinny,

For the table I cut the rough shape on a band saw and finished them off with a spoke shave and card scraper.

Andrew, Steven & Mike

I posted the full tutorial on another forum for the bonnet top highboy and a slant front desk where I had a lot of feedback. I don’t think I can reference that forum here due to rules. I started posting a tutorial here before and just didn’t get much interest. I may just be because this is one of the less visited sections of the site. I know a lot of people just go to the general forum and that is about it. The tutorial is a tremendous amount of work. Not just the initial time it took to put it together but the time it takes to post. It is just a little discouraging when you put all that time into something and there is basically no participation. I could try to email it to you but it is a 25 meg file so I would have to break it up. I will try to get some additional photos up tomorrow of a few of the pieces

John,
    Yeah, I make sawdust for a living. The majority of the pieces pictured are pieces I have finished in the last 6-8 months. They are probably less than ¼ of my work over that time period but these are some of the stand out pieces. I will try to post some of my other work later.
    Diamanwoodcrafters

Dave, this is just incredible work, and I certainly hope you are getting paid fairly for these pieces. Are these commissions, or do you sell through a gallery? Just curious.

Some of the finest work that I have seen!

Dave, I can only say what the rest have already said. Your work is fantastic. I really like the william and mary lowboy and highboy.

Awesome job. You do great work.

Being local to you, I might have to come up for some instruction !

wonderful pieces.
    "The element of competition has never worried me, because from the start, I suppose I realized wood contains so much inspiration and beauty and rhythm that if used properly it would result in an individual and unique object." - James Krenov

What you do speaks so loud, I cannot hear what you say. -R. W. Emerson

Wow!! I don't know which is more amazing. The quality of the work or the quantity of the work. To complete one piece like yours seems monumental in terms of craftsmanship and detail work...... but to do so many is truly amazing. Those are very beautiful Dave.
    I would be excited to see a tutorial on any of these as it would be a tremendous learning experience.

Jim

Now this is an instance of being able to build for less than purchase price. I see these as priceless bedrooms. This is the combination of craftsmanship and design that illustrates Georges point.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Dave, Amazing work, I too for one would love to see the tutorials. That is some phenominal work, and very inspiring. Show us!

Wow... now that is real fine furniture. Impressive. And four times that production in 8 months? Tell me you have a team of masters working for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael MacDonald View Post
    Wow... now that is real fine furniture. Impressive. And four times that production in 8 months? Tell me you have a team of masters working for you...
    I wish but it's just me. Long days and no days off help me keep up.

John,
    These are all customer pieces. The only thing I own that I built is my workbench. maybe some day I will get caught up on my backlog and will actually be able to build something for my wife and I.
    Diamanwoodcrafters