Thread: What is this power feeder worth?

What is this power feeder worth?

Hey guys-

I have a line on a Rockwell 4 speed, 3 wheel, 1hp 220v 1ph power feeder. It had been used in a production environment but has spent several years now unused. The owner of the feeder said that if the wheels are bad then he will replace them with newer wheels. He is asking $480 for the feeder. Is this a reasonable price? Or what do you guys think it is worth?

It would go on my PM 27 (that I bought for $180 (gloat)).

Regards-
    David

Sounds a little high to me if its been used commercially, I just paid $775.00 for a new delta 4 speed, 3 wheel, 1 hp, 220volt. Used feeders do seem hard to find though. I'd make sure he puts some new tires on it if you were to pay that much.

I agree with Jeff that the price he's asking is too high for a production machine. I would offer $250 as is. That way you can make sure the replacement wheels you get are high quality ones.
    Mark R

I just bought an 8 speed, 4 wheel 1HP accura/Comatic powerfeed with almost no use.

$700 including $150 shipping.

Picked it up on that unnamed auction site.

There isn't much to go wrong but it seems a bit on the high side.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by David "Medic" Peterson View Post
    Hey guys-

I have a line on a Rockwell 4 speed, 3 wheel, 1hp 220v 1ph power feeder. It had been used in a production environment but has spent several years now unused. The owner of the feeder said that if the wheels are bad then he will replace them with newer wheels. He is asking $480 for the feeder. Is this a reasonable price? Or what do you guys think it is worth?

It would go on my PM 27 (that I bought for $180 (gloat)).

Regards-
    David
    Actually after reading this again, you should have to pay at least $480.00 for a used power feed, a pm27 for $180.00???

THATS TOTAL SUCKAGE RIGHT THERE!

jk of course

I am also in the little high range but I would pay $300 or so.

I missed the original PM 27 gloat thread so its late but let me say:

YOU SUCK, with great suckatude!

Hard to say without seeing it but if he does put new wheels on it the asking price is reasonable. $250 ain't going to happen unless he's desperate and not too bright. Average auction prices around my way go between $300 - $400, so if you can get into that range you would be doing well.
    good luck,
    JeffD

Thanks for the replies. I will see him tomorrow and negotiate and see if he will sell it for 375-400. I also thought that $480 seemed too high.

Regards-
    David

That feels about $50 north of fair to me, depends on condition and age, which can be hard to evaluate. Consider what a new one costs and consider spending %40-60 the new replacement cost on a good used machine, depending on condition. We have some feeders that have been in service for decades with regular lubing and tire changes, no issues. Its a simple machine, but used there are no guaranties.

I'd rather pay a lower price and buy my own tires or have them replaced from Western Roller or similar on y own than get some used tires from another feeder in his shop personally. You can send the hubs out for new tires and get the quality of tires you want, rubber or polyurathane, in the durameter range you personally need. Something else to consider.