Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mdf templates

Wow talk about team players....

As others have said things about copyrights and patents, I do agree with being original. No problem on that part.

I wished I could somehow help but I know nothing about cnc, I cant use a cad program, but I did use to play around with mechanical drawing.
    It is odd I took mechanical drawing in my senior year in high school as an easy way out... I was so mad at myself for not taking it my junior year and then taking advanced in my senior year.
    My senior year we had to draw the blue prints to our dream house. Mine was a round house, 3 story with a drive in basement. swimming pool that covered 1/4 of the house and was curved to go along with the house. I also had a glass elevator in the center of the house. Back in TN at that time it was estimated at 1.5million dollars to build that house, that was in 1981.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Karl how about suggesting shapes or layout of the pattern

Just a thought!! What a great family here!!

Nick

What would be easier for the cnc users cutting these out, a 1/2 template vs. a single template for each tray?

As far as sizing goes I would like to have a finished tray be 23x15 for oval and that is going to be inside diamater.

Round trays 16 inch diamater on the inside.

That way I can do some artwork/woodwork on the outside as i desire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

I want to learn as I may not be able to help much yet. Would love to participate. Also, would this be only our originals or other files that are open source that we come across that would be useful?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

here is a quick drawing that I did of the templates.
    Attached Files Attached Files

i "Bing" or google'd platters

there is no shortage of ideas!!

i have one i did some time ago with the eagle

and i toolpathed jerrys to show the cut

if i were to use the template with a hand held router with say a 1/2
    ' balitc birch ply then tads may be a good idea

jim
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 05-28-2010 at 11:30 AM.

pic #3 is what I am looking for and then having the ability to make it deeper, using different router bits for different edges, and then also playing with handles on the ends etc... nice sets for sure..

Karl, I just got an Eagle America catalog, and they have some similar templates in there. But, theirs are made from 3/8" acrylic, and sell for $23 each.

will share this file if interested...finish schedule is up to you. pls send pm for file

Gene
    Last edited by Gene Crain; 05-29-2010 at 9:52 PM. Reason: type too fast for eyes to see...
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22

Quote Originally Posted by Gene Crain View Post
    will share this file if interested...finish schedule is up to you. pls send pm for file

Gene

wow that seems pretty in depth.
    very nice though...

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Card View Post
    wow that seems pretty in depth.
    very nice though...
    easy file

just dive in

i like your signature

...one of the favorites of mine has been "simple man"

G
    Creative Woodwork and Design
    Vector Studio 22