Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best glue for granite to wood

E6000 is by far the best from what we tested and have used cases of it to glue 1000's of slate, granite, grout pucks, ceramic and saltillo pieces to expanded PVC. It will hold almost anything to anything and has a higher temp level than most. Can withstand up to I think 140 degrees. Does take 24 to 48 hours to totally cure so we built multi level (13 slots high 6 slots wide) drying racks that could be stacked on top of each other when not in use.

Can also be purchased at retail from a True value hardware so they may even be up north of the border.
    Last edited by Michael Kowalczyk; 05-26-2010 at 5:24 PM. Reason: true value added
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

I have always put my faith in Silicone. As the wood and stone expands and contracts with heat/cold/moisture, nothing fights with the silicone adh. it allows expansion and contraction. You never know where your work will end up, could eventually be in anything from a frozen cabin, to a hut in the jungle.. If things aren't allowed to move, they will separate on their own..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it