Thread: Other pieces for the Bishop

Other pieces for the Bishop

I've recently posted an Altar and Tabernacle I built for the Bishop. I decided to post other pieces I've made for him in the past. Most of this was built for the main Cathedral. Some is carved and was posted in carving threads, but as I said in the other post I wanted to "cross pollinate" to see what you guys thought. I'm not too far off as some of this is carved,, but it's furniture that was carved. Hope you enjoy.

First is a shot of one of two Capitals I carved that are 30 inches wide X 30 inches tall, sitting on top of 25 ft tall columns. Finish is Gilded.

The rest of the shots are of the Presiding chair and a matching pair to go with it. The main chair is 5 ft tall and 3 ft wide. Yeah,, it's big,, but you should see the size of the Cathedral. The scale fits in that space.

I also made 4 matching Servers stools finished the same way as well as the Cantor stand. These aren't in photos' here as well as his, and the new Bishops coat of arms that were carved and used in the Cathedral as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Woodworking Studio

Absolutely amazing

Thanks John, It was a great project that I really enjoyed.
    Sitting on the chairs you felt like "Edith Ann" ,, if you remember the character Lily Tomlin used to do. But that's what the Architect wanted.
    Again , thank you.
    The Woodworking Studio

Good lord, how did you make that capital?

WOW! What John said. Gorgeous and very impressive work!
    Glad you cross pollinated...you've been a busy bee.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Thanks guys. Well, I love glue ups and seem to keep running into jobs that need them. In this case it's hollow. No reason to waste so much wood. Built a box basically, added material where I needed it, then carved it. The build up is pretty straight forward, play with blocks and glue them together. I feel like a big kid. Wonder if I tried gluing my blocks together when I was little?
    Hmmm.
    The Woodworking Studio