Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMC Turner Interview - Jeff Nicol

Good interview. Jeff did not mention his fabrication and help. My steady rest has been a joy to use.

Very nice to meet you Jeff. Hope your dream shop comes true.

"The best things in life are not things."

Jeff and Steve, thanks for taking the time to do the interview. I just love reading these interviews. Even though I don't turn I'm fascinated by the work you turners produce. It's also nice to know a little more about you, Jeff. Congrats on the grandson, I'm sure he'll be turning in no time.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Jeff, after reading you great interview, I now realize that you're not have as bad a guy as I thought you were.

Yup nicely done! Should be your way in a few days Jeff. Jeepers...watching the Blue Angels and a visit with the Wooden Nicol, should make for a great weekend!
    "If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy" -Red Green

Great interview. Good to learn more about a fellow creeker/turner. Jeff I gotta agree about the ice cream needing a visit to the microwave before it is ready to eat! My wife rolls her eyes every time I do that.

Thank you everyone!

To be able to have a place to share knowledge, experiences, and lessons learned is a wonderful thing! I truly enjoy the conversations and responses from all of you and hope to have many more in the future. To be able to meet each and everyone who is out there reading what I babble on about would be a great thing. I love to share everything and it gives me great pleasure to do so.

I just got back from a fishing trip to Canada and we had a great time and many walleye were caught, with more being released than fried up for shore lunch. I will post some pics in the off topic forum later.

I have lots more to say and share and learn more things every day so you are all stuck with me for a while!

Thanks again to all,

Jeff

Matt, I will see you this weekend let me know what is best for you.
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Jeff,

My FIL spent over 30 years opening and closing a Boy Scout and Explorer Camp on the boundary waters of the Quetico Provincial Park north and east of Orr, MN. He and a group of around 20 friends would go up for 10 days in the spring and 10 days in the fall.

I had the incredible pleasure of accompanying him and his friends on 2 of these 10 day adventures. Every third day you stayed in camp and worked and did all the cooking ..everything from building floating docks to installing a water tower to roofing the sleeping cabin. But the other 2 days....fish for walleye.

I am envious!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Always a great time!

Here is the link to the Off Topic post on the trip to Canada.

Ken, I wish it was not so far to drive or I would go more often! Sometimes we go with around 20 guys and 2 houseboats, it can get pretty wild! Since I can only have a couple drinks, I get to watch all the crazy stuff that happens! I think I gained 10#'s in 3 days too!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...58#post1436258

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

thanks for sharing

Thank you Jeff for taking the time for the interview. It sure is refreshing to know there are still "good" people amongst us every day. Thanks for being here and sharing your life with us, you are very inspiring.

P.S. I'd like to thank you also Steve. The amount of time & energy you give us here on the Creek certainly doesn't go unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Martin View Post
    Thank you Jeff for taking the time for the interview. It sure is refreshing to know there are still "good" people amongst us every day. Thanks for being here and sharing your life with us, you are very inspiring.

P.S. I'd like to thank you also Steve. The amount of time & energy you give us here on the Creek certainly doesn't go unnoticed.
    Roland, Thank you for the kind words, I enjoy helping others with whatever I am able to. I figure the reason I tore up my shoulders and retired early was God's way of saying that he has plans for me! I am not sure all the pain and stuff needs to be in the mix, but there are worse options.

Loving life and sharing my world,

Jeff

Hey Jeff.... I finally got on here. Thanks for the words of wisdom, and of course a little humor goes a long way. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here, cuz Im learning to love "wood twirling" myself!
    mj

I was just re-reading this thread when I realized that I failed to comment on it the first time through. I really appreciate Jeff and his contributions to this forum. I think Jeff is the perfect example of the kind of person I try to be everyday... Friendly, charitable, and talented.

Glad to know a bit more about you, Jeff. I wish I lived closer as I'd love to make a stop in and shake your hand in person.

You know I've never seen a web-site do anything of this sort , very interesting to see this . I also want to thank Jeff for all the trouble he has good to do this and also tht staff of this site in setting this up for us members to read .........
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box