Thread: Latest shop project, well kind of...

Latest shop project, well kind of...

This is what I spent last week (vacation) working on. I consider it a 'shop' project as it has bought me around 32 sq/ft of shop space.

I followed plans found in one of the DIY 'handyman' type mags...

Floor and walls are up...

Couple other angles...

It was after this that I realized that there was simply no way to install/paint the rear wall. Then I realized I could remove to of my fence panels. It only took about 5 minutes...

Siding complete, time for paint... I tried to pick a color that my wife would like. She was initially opposed to this entire project. My leverage was that this would enable me to have a greater possibility of getting her car in the garage each night. Well, most nights...

Inside views... It is very short (about 54" max interior height) I don't plan on hanging out in there. I'm 6'6".

Pics continue below........ They only allow 15 images, I had 20.

It took me about 6 or 7 days including roughly leveling the ground. Not to mention about 5 or 6 trips back to the three 'big box' stores. Overall it cost me around $750. The mag said around $500, LOL!!!

Like an IDIOT I forgot to change the blade in my table saw. I used my BRAND NEW Freud Fusion general purpose blade for FIBER CEMENT!!!!! I cleaned it up after, I looks better, however the tooth geometry has changed a bit. You live you learn.

Next time I'll put the Freud Fiber Cement circ saw blade in my TS.

Enjoy,

shotgunn
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

Final pics...

Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

Looks great. What are you going to put in it? Shop stuff? Or stuff that is in your shop (garage) that SHOULDN'T be in your shop because it isn't SHOP stuff?...

It has taken me YEARS to put my shop together because as soon as the building was up, it got "full" of things that "needed" storage. No matter how much I insisted that it isn't a shed, it's a shop... I'm getting close to done...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Thanx!!! Exactly... I am putting my lawnmower, weed wacker, shovels, rakes, hoes, etc... Lawn care chemicals (which currently reside in a wall storage unit in my shop) bug spray etc... will all go into the shed.

If there is room, bikes, misc kid toys and the like.

shotgunn

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Looks great. What are you going to put in it? Shop stuff? Or stuff that is in your shop (garage) that SHOULDN'T be in your shop because it isn't SHOP stuff?...

It has taken me YEARS to put my shop together because as soon as the building was up, it got "full" of things that "needed" storage. No matter how much I insisted that it isn't a shed, it's a shop... I'm getting close to done...
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

I like the idea. Even though I have a ton of storage space, I've thought about doing something like this for the gas cans, diesel cans, and propane tank that are in the garage but really shouldn't be.

On suggestion--extend some decorative fencing off the right side and hide that UGLY transformer.

Matt, if you do build it, make sure you put in some faulty wiring...and make sure you finish it before July 4th...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Looks good! Always nice to evict non-shop items from one's shop! And you even painted it to match the play set

Wow!!! Total coincidence. I actually tried to pick a complimenting color to our future siding/fascia. It is a pretty close match to play set.

Good eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Wingert View Post
    Looks good! Always nice to evict non-shop items from one's shop! And you even painted it to match the play set
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

You mean something temporary, right? ComEd need occasional access to that. Perhaps I could get a little white fence or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    I like the idea. Even though I have a ton of storage space, I've thought about doing something like this for the gas cans, diesel cans, and propane tank that are in the garage but really shouldn't be.

On suggestion--extend some decorative fencing off the right side and hide that UGLY transformer.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

Is the roofing material noisy when it rains?

Don't mind if I "procure" a few ideas.

Thats what I have been thinking about for the yard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dunn View Post
    You mean something temporary, right? ComEd need occasional access to that. Perhaps I could get a little white fence or something...
    Yes, definitely would need to be removable. My first thought was a piece of picket fence or something similar.

I'd love to see just exactly how much yard stuff can fit. I have a list I need to get OUT of my shop... I might have to do 2 of them...

I am a little surprised yours cost that much to build... Where was the expense?
    Trying to follow the example of the master...