Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: IWF 2010 Questions . . .

That's great to hear, Keith. Thanks for the update.

A few months ago, I ordered the 48x48 stinger2 that Camaster is showing at the Iwf. Joey was great to negotiate with and I'm really looking forward to getting the machine shipped out after the show is over. It's been a hard wait as I am not normally a patient guy.... Hoping to see some "baby pictures" of it soon.

What did you think of the Stinger 2 exhibit? Was the machine running for demo purposes? Its nice to hear that you thought the Stinger II was the best of show so far. Makes me even more excited to start playing with the machine, and compensates a bit for not being able to be in Atlanta this week.

Richard

I attended the show yesterday. Although it is a large show, if you have a focused agenda, you can get a lot done in a short time. Hall A is mostly for cabinet shop people. Lots of cabinet hardware, veneer, hardwood suppliers, lighting, etc. I walked the Hall in 1 hour including talking to several suppliers. Hall B took a little over 2 hours, it has all the equipment and other things small shops and hobbiest are interested in seeing and touching.

I had a list of things I needed help with and was able to find answers on all of them. Things like a better sanding brush head, a faster tack wood glue, a better lacquer, a vacuum clamp technique, an issue with a Domino application, etc.

Some of the show specials are pretty good, I picked up a small General wide belt sander. List for $2800, normal sale price $2150, show price $1750 with no freight and tax. Not bad.

BTW, the CAMaster booth does look good and was busy! Keiths StingerII looked like it was ready to start making money.

If you have a chance, IWF is certainly worth the time.

Perry

I'm sitting in our hotel room this morning having coffee and contemplating the day ahead of us. Perry must be a bit younger than I am given the number of miles he was able to cover yesterday and I wouldn't be willing to bet that I can catch up with him today if he walked by me

CAMaster has three machines on display in their booth, two of them belong to Creekers. The 36 by 48 Stinger is mine and the monster Cobra belongs to.........well I won't tell you his name just in case he wants to gloat later but we had a long conversation yesterday and he was looking forward to loading his new Cobra and heading home. Loaded is the best term to discribe his machine, it has a full length lathe, tool changer......................

I have made a list of vendors to visit today hoping to be able to cover more ground and spend more time at the CAMaster booth just in case one of you wanders by.

We are looking forward to dinner this evening, if you are here at IWF and your schedule isn't full this evening please contact anyone at the CAMaster booth for details and to let them know that you will be able to join us.

Blog Entries
    Any chance Jet/Powermatic has any show deals on their bandsaws?

EDIT: On second thought, if you find any show deals that extend beyond the show date, bring back some brochures and post 'em here
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

i am soooo wanting to be there!!!

just a few shots of how my day went, joey this machine is sending soo much money this week i have no time to get to the show!! hopefully i can leave here tommorrow,
    Attached Images Attached Images

What's the difference(s) between the Stinger and II?

mike i believe the stinger two is a larger footprint and has the full table included.

IWF pictures

Here are some pictures taken today at the IWF in Atlanta.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (71.5 KB, 25 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (89.7 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (84.0 KB, 29 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (73.8 KB, 26 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (90.4 KB, 31 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (75.1 KB, 28 views)
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

IWF pictures

a few more pictures taken today.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Package View Post
    What's the difference(s) between the Stinger and II?
    Mike,

In Mick Martins post #98 above you can see the Stinger in the 3rd picture and the Stinger II in post #99 picture number 4.

The Stinger is a table top machine. The Stinger II has a larger table and welded stand. Table sizes are 48 by 48 and I think other standard sizes are available. You have an option of having a custom size table made to your specifications, the one in the picture is mine and it has a 36 by 48 table built specifically for a third sheet of Corian.

my hope is i can get to the show today look forward to seeing you!!

jim

Thanks for the info guys. I have a Stinger on order....wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything! Anything bigger than the Stinger is too big for my shop anyway, so oh well...

Jim,

Sorry we missed dinner tonight but we will see you tomorrow at the CAMaster booth.

Jim McGrew drove down although being supper busy at work. Last day is comming up and I feel like it has flown by. My hats off to all the ones who have helped pull this off.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Iwf 2010

Below are a few pictures that Jackie took this afternoon.

1- Joey Jarrard of CAMmaster, he has been smiling all week.

2- Luke and Nickolas Bukky, Nic has been guarding the big Cobra all week waiting to load it up and take it home.

3- Stinger II on display, the picture was taken from the wrong end as Jackie didn't know which end was which

4- Tony Mckenzie sharing some information about Vectric's Aspire and VCarve Pro software. Tony is as friendly as they come and his presentation always provides new information, tips and tricks.

I don't know the count but a bunch of CAMaster machines were purchased at the show including every machine on the floor, you guys who have been waiting to order new CAMaster CNC Routers better get on the stick because the waiting list is getting longer and these are the machines you would really enjoy in your shops this Winter
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-27-2010 at 11:48 PM.