Thread: What's In Your Wallet? MultiCam at IWF

What's In Your Wallet? MultiCam at IWF

The good folks at the MultiCam booth at IWF had a great sense of humor. During the Fair they started machining Viking style head gear from plywood that they were giving away. These started showing up all over the Fair and caused a few double takes from people in the crowd

Later on they started machining shields, a battle axe and last but not least a sword ending up with a complete Viking weapon set made from MDF and plywood.

The picture below shows the head set and some smiling Vikings
    I wish we had more pictures but we didn't have permission to take photos of their booth with the exception of the one below.

Shawn, the Viking on the right side of the picture was the culprit who was making the Viking weapons. Clearly Sean was enjoying himself, he never stopped smiling all week
    email: shawnk(at)multicam.com

MultiCam East
    Baltimore Maryland
    410-728-6000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-31-2010 at 8:29 AM.

i meant to take a photo of the viking headgear they placed on the statue as you came down the hill from peachtree street!!

Jim,

I missed the statue with the headgear or I would have taken a picture myself. Just goes to show that these guys probably had the best sense of humor at IWF

I missed the pic of you with YOUR headgear. Maybe you could post it again.
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

I asked Shawn if I could chop him with the axe...

For some reason he said yes, but only if he could hit me with the sword first...

Picky picky picky...
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Shawn was so busy cutting out Viking pieces he probably didn't realize that he was putting on a pretty good show with the big router he was running. The MultiCam 3000 was as smooth a machine as I have ever seen. I was watching the router for a long time on one occasion when a large crowd gathered during one of Shawn's machining runs, geez the 3000 model is an incredible CNC Router.

Ya can't buy a MultiCam router by saving pennies though