Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: IWF 2010 Questions . . .

My wife and I are flying down from Seattle to Atlanta Tuesday morning, ready to attend the show Wednesday, we are leaving Atlanta on a Saturday evening flight back to Seattle. Looking forward to meeting you all.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Mick,

We are planning to get together Tuesday evening for dinner. Angus Hines, Joey Jarrard, Jackie and I and there may be a few more of the CAMaster folks I don't know yet.

You are welcome to join us if you wish. We have transportation!

Keith,
    I am flying in on tues morn and would like to join you all for dinner as well if you guys don't mind. I also will have transportation.

See ya soon!

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Bukky View Post
    Keith,
    I am flying in on tues morn and would like to join you all for dinner as well if you guys don't mind. I also will have transportation.

See ya soon!

Nick

Nick no sneak peeks JK I will have some pics to show ya.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

nick check your inbox
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Mick,

We are planning to get together Tuesday evening for dinner. Angus Hines, Joey Jarrard, Jackie and I and there may be a few more of the CAMaster folks I don't know yet.

I just checked our flight and we don't arrive until 5:10PM pm so it will be to late by the time we get to the hotel (Sheraton). I have your cell phone number so I might give you a call to see where you are eating at.
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

OHHHHH shhhheeeeesss a reeall nicccee!!

Thanks for the pic Joey cant wait to rub my stink on her!!

I wanted to go down there and work with the Shopbot crew but wasn't able to make it.

Angus Hines called me yesterday. He had just arrived in Atlanta a couple of hours ahead of the ShopBot crew that were bringing five machines to setup for the Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Mick,

Well shoot, we won't be there until Thursday.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

i would strongly suggest ya'll wait for belinda!!!

We can have another dinner gathering on Thursday night as well.

one of the main reasons for no pic or vid, which is almost impossible to police now with phones like our droids and others, is to protect the exhibitor as well as to try to capitalize on selling them. I have been doing trade shows since about 1995 and it never fails that people/competitors from the States and from abroad, where patents and copyrights mean nothing, always and I mean always will try to take pics or video. When you tell them no they just go around the corner and when you are busy with a customer, they will sneak a few pics. If they are an exhibitor, they will just wait til the show closes and snap some on their way out. We cover our product to make it a little more difficult but if they want your ideas bad enough, they will find a way. I have seen many that just walk the isles with a camcorder or camera and never enter any booth to get info they just want the pics so they can try to copy them.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

One of our customers is Access TCA they build trade show exhibits. The guys there designed and built our booth for this years IWF. What a great job they done. My hats off to Dennis, Tony , and the rest. After the set up yesterday they put some pics up on you tube here is a link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqhV1g14nT4 I will post more soon.

We had a great time at dinner guys you know who you are.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

Well the first day is now over and we are tired to say the least. IWF is HUGE, there is more to see than time allows.

We had the chance to talk to lots of people today including a few Creekers and we shared some information about CNC machines with a few who expressed an interest.

Jackie and I were only able to walk just a few rows of vendor booths today and we visited a couple of our advertisers booths to talk to them about The Creek. A couple of noteworthy items were the lithophanes on display at Laguna's booth, the beautiful laser work at Kern Lasers and the best of show so far for me personally was the new Stinger II that CAMaster has on display that belongs to me

I found some time to spend with each of the CAMaster representatives at the Fair today, they were all great guys whose enthusiasm for their products is unmatched. I felt right at home....

To be fair we also visited the ShopBot booth today. Ted Hall has once again put together an impressive display with five machines cutting wood almost continously. Our Friend Angus Hines was at the ShopBot booth lending a hand and we had a short conversation about the new machines that ShopBot is offering.

The machines that Felder has on display were simply amazing, words can't describe the quality of their machines. You have to see them up close and personal to appreciate Felder equipment. The techs manning their booth were very friendly and more than happy to spend plenty of time with us answering our questions. The drool factor was maxed out

I will try to share as much as I can as the week progresses, for now I am exhausted and in need of some rest.