Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly and Bing Cash Back

Blog Entries

Grizzly and Bing Cash Back

Can anyone explain how to do the Bing cash back with Grizzly?

From what I gather from various threads:
    1. You can call grizzly and ask them to put what you want on ebay as a buy it now.
    2. Then you search for that listing through bing cash back page.
    3. Purchase it, wait a few months, and get cash into your account.

Is that accurate? Are there any pitfalls to be aware of?
    Fast, Neat, Average
    Friendly, Good, Good

Here's how I've done it twice:

1) Send Grizzly a message through one of their other Ebay auctions and ask them to post what I want.
    2) Do a bing.com search that gets me an ad with a link for Ebay Cashback. I usually search for "ebay wii" which didn't work when I just tried. I tried "desktop computer" and that worked thought--its at 8%. Click the ad link then do another search on Ebay for the item you want.
    3) Buy the item and pay via Payapl.
    4) Get instant cashback which I transfer back to my bank account to pay the credit card bill., I don't think the instant part is guaranteed but it is common.
    5) Receive the item 2 days later because they are FAST on their shipping!

What Matt said. The bing.com cashback is only from Grizzly's ebay store, so if you want something, call them and ask them to put it on their 'Grizauctions' store. I bought my G0514x2 bandsaw this way (when it was at 14% cashback) and the cash showed up in my PayPal account instantly.
    Make sure that the bing cashback symbol is shown next to the item you want to buy in their eBay store. If it's not, you may not get the cash back. I just checked, and even though the bing.com link for eBay shows it, when I clicked through, none of the items showed the cashback symbol. Don't know if this is just a glitch, but I'd make sure before hitting the 'buy it now' button.

I'm pretty sure Grizzly does put some restrictions on what they'll list....likely items that are in stock and in good supply.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Blog Entries
    Nice, I've got need for a couple of new tools. Might have to give this a go.

On a side note... I think it is rather amusing that MS has to stoop to bribery to get people using their inferior search engine.

Here's the email address

ebayteam(AT)grizzly.com (just in case the moderator gods are watching)

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Grizzly does put some restrictions on what they'll list....likely items that are in stock and in good supply.
    Incorrect. The cashback comes from Microsoft, NOT Grizzly. Grizzly will happily list anything on the Ebay site because they are getting a sale for the full $$$ amount of the item. MS / Bing gives -you- the customer the cashback and it's up to you how to apply it.

8. We would be happy to list any machine that is in stock at all three locations, which most are.

Sometimes we may have a customer close to PA that may want a machine and we may have one in PA, but as soon as we put up that machine, a guy on the West Coast buys it and we are stuck having to ship the machine across the country if we do not have one in our WA warehouse.

Do make the request and we would be glad to accomodate, if we can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll start pulling the triggers on these purchases. One question remains though. If you can't find the cashback purchase on bing, how do you know the percentage being offered?
    Fast, Neat, Average
    Friendly, Good, Good

PayPal benefits also!!

Don't forget PayPal charges a *fee* for the transfer of cash into one's PayPal account. So, for a Big Ticket Grizzly item costing....say....$1400 with an 8% cashback, your $112 cashback is diminished by PayPal's 2.9% fee ($3.25) for amounts up to $3000.

I guess $108.75 is better'n nuttin!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Don't forget PayPal charges a *fee* for the transfer of cash into one's PayPal account. So, for a Big Ticket Grizzly item costing....say....$1400 with an 8% cashback, your $112 cashback is diminished by PayPal's 2.9% fee ($3.25) for amounts up to $3000.

Is this new? I've never, ever had Paypal charge me a fee to transfer money from my savings account to my Paypal account. Maybe this is just for a CC transfer?

Edit:
    Nevermind, I see it is the transfer fee into your account from another...
    http://woodworking.bigelowsite.com
    http://picasaweb.google.com/BigE.alb/WoodTurning#
    Cyclone Dust Collector Vid--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ovtmTUhkg

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post

PayPal won't charge you to put the Cashback into your account. I've gotten many Cashback payments in my PP...never a charge for that.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 06-04-2010 at 6:18 AM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Scott, you may well be right. But, I have searched the PayPal site and find no exceptions to fees charged for funds received from any outside source, other than a transfer from ones own bank account. I found no mention of how the Microsoft/Bing rebate is treated by PayPal at the Bing site. Info below comes directly from the PayPal site:

Sending money
    It's always free to send money to friends and family when you use your PayPal balance or bank account. Fees apply only if the sender uses a credit or debit card, or if you receive any payment for goods or services

I had to call PayPal and complain to have their fee removed from a refund I received for merchandise that could not be delivered. Perhaps Bing rebaters can do the same?
    Last edited by Chip Lindley; 06-04-2010 at 12:56 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

$3.25 yeah or nay, on a $1400 purchase, is not worth another post... Seriously, I was already embarrassed reading 4 posts. No offense intended, it's easy to get caught up in a "thread argument", I understand, but I'm calling a REALITY CHECK

There's a limit beyond which being thrifty is just no longer "thrifty". I don't calculate the cost of tire wear to drive my tool home from the store, I don't sub-divide my monthly phone bill to account for the calls I made to Grizzly to order the tool, and I don't account for increased eating of snacks cost while I browse SMC to learn how to save $100 using Bing Cash-back.

Although now that I think about it, that is an AWFUL lot of snackage, maybe I DO need to be accounting for that!
    Last edited by Dave MacArthur; 06-04-2010 at 2:13 AM.
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

15. Dave it is a lot better than getting 14 different answers for the same question and never really knowing which one is right. There is a lot more embarrassing things that happens on this site. The question was already answered so what difference does it really make if four post got another question answered.