Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grizzly and Bing Cash Back

I just sent them an email, asking them to post a G9983 for me.
    My only confusion, is where it was mentioned I then need to do a Bing search, to find an ad pointing to that auction.....

huh? A Bing search, doesn't return ads. It returns website URL's....so how do I do this via Bing?

Quote Originally Posted by dirk martin View Post
    I just sent them an email, asking them to post a G9983 for me.
    My only confusion, is where it was mentioned I then need to do a Bing search, to find an ad pointing to that auction.....

huh? A Bing search, doesn't return ads. It returns website URL's....so how do I do this via Bing?
    Go to bing and then click the shopping link, click Cash Back Stores. You can find ebay from there.
    Last edited by Kevin Grady; 07-23-2010 at 1:03 AM. Reason: wrong info

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Wilson View Post
    Waaa, waa. waaaaaaa

" Dear Mr. Wilson,
    Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, the G1023RLX cannot be listed on eBay at this time. This is due to insufficient stock at our facilities.

Best regards,
    The eBay Team
    Grizzly Industrial, Inc."

That really stinks......

The Griz Ebay auctions only pertain to in-stock items that are in good supply. I don't think the G1023RLX is even shipping yet.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

ok, I just did so, and completed a purchase of the G9983 Wide Belt sander. About 1/2 hr later, $200 was deposted into my PayPal account.
    Worked very nicely.

Blog Entries
    i am going to be getting a band saw in a week or so when i have a little more cash saved up and then i will give this bing thing a try for the first time. hope i do it right and if i do, looks like it should pay for half of the shipping costs or lift gate service? 8% back only nabs me about $40 i guess? sure would be sweet if the percentage was higher!

You better hurry, Bing Cashback ends July 31st
    Last edited by Kevin Grady; 07-23-2010 at 6:57 PM. Reason: can't spell

Blog Entries
    oh thats just great, thanks for the heads up tho. will have to rob a bank i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Grady View Post
    You better hurry, Bing Cashback ends July 31st
    Or maybe July 30. Double check if you plan to wait until the last day.

http://www.internetretailer.com/2010...shback-program

Blog Entries
    are they ending the cashback altogether or will they start it up again sometime? sure wish i would have learned how to do it when i built my last computer.

anyway, yes Will im not waiting till the last day, going to order my saw on monday i think as i was able to borrow some money from a family member. i wish i was getting as much money back as Dirk but at least it will pay for the lift gate service i need.

BING Cashback Q&A

From the BING site:

When will Microsoft discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The Bing cashback program will be discontinued to advertisers and consumers on July 30, 2010 at 9:00pm PST.

Why has Microsoft decided to discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The cashback program was one of a number of efforts designed to deliver great value to our consumers and great ROI to advertisers. As we continue to evolve both the user and advertiser experiences for Bing, we will pursue different avenues that we believe will continue to offer great shopping experiences to consumers, great advertising experiences for our advertisers, and still deliver real value back to customers.

All good things must come to an end! HURRY!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Blog Entries
    i was going to order my saw today, i went through bing site and then ebay but im wanting lift gate service but i dont see a way of ordering it through ebay?

i tried mailing grizzly customer service to ask about it but havent heard back all day?

Blog Entries
    When will Microsoft discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The Bing cashback program will be discontinued to advertisers and consumers on July 30, 2010 at 9:00pm PST.

Why has Microsoft decided to discontinue the Bing cashback program?

The cashback program was developed as a convoluted test of one's ability to ferret out the simplest transaction via the most obnoxious path with the promise of a percentile cash return for the effort. Many humans seem to prefer the simpler route with many claiming that they would gladly pay the cashback amount, twice, if they did NOT have to go through the process.

Microsoft will be studying new ways to annoy you like the soon-to-be-offered Vista Back-Level patch that will change any operating system into an incomplete nightmare. Also currently under involuntary beta release; the free patch Resource-Pig. Bring fat, lazy, sloppy, bloated application performance to your correctly functioning software. Find out what all your freinds are whining about.

All that nonsense being said just for fun, I just used it to save some money off a Grizzly purchase . There's a few days left!!!
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 07-26-2010 at 3:45 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by scott spencer View Post
    The Griz Ebay auctions only pertain to in-stock items that are in good supply. I don't think the G1023RLX is even shipping yet.

I am aware of that, hence my email to them asking if I could make a preorder purchase and that I didn't care how long I would have to wait to get it.
    Last edited by Jesse Wilson; 07-27-2010 at 3:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    well i got my bandsaw ordered yesterday and got $34 cash put right into my bing account. not sure what needs to be done to get it into my paypal account?
    i just cant wait to get my grizzly set up and start using it.