Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has a power feeder.....

I'd also be careful mounting a heavy feeder on such a small footprint, I would think one would need some type of counter weight or be very careful when swinging the feeder out of the way.

The STEFF Maggi 2034 Power Feeder has a 4.5 X 4.5 base. I know because I asked the seller. I missed the auction closing, because I wasn't certain that it would fit.

For the counter weight problem, I'm thinking that the weight will be in front of the fence even if it's not in use.

I think what Jeff meant was typically when your not using the power feeder it gets swung out away from the fence and cabinet. Typically overhanging the cabinet by a good amount therefore creating a lot of counterweight.
    Having the feeder in front of the fence generally isn't practical as it's now in your way while your making adjustments, replacing cutters, etc..
    I'm not sure there would really be enough weight to tip a small cabinet.....but I don't have any small shapers so???

JeffD

Quote Originally Posted by David Nelson1 View Post
    The STEFF Maggi 2034 Power Feeder has a 4.5 X 4.5 base. I know because I asked the seller. I missed the auction closing, because I wasn't certain that it would fit.

For the counter weight problem, I'm thinking that the weight will be in front of the fence even if it's not in use.
    Not quite - here's the maggi spec for the base:

http://www.factorynew.com/literature...FE+SPRINGS,+CA
    JR

I didn't think about making adjustments. Something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by J.R. Rutter View Post
    Not quite - here's the maggi spec for the base:

http://www.factorynew.com/literature...FE+SPRINGS,+CA
    OK, 107mm is equal to 4.2 inches and 89mm is 3.5 inches. That is center to center of the holes. You still have edge distance thats not accounted for in that diagram. I think 4.5 was a good round figure, if where not trying to split hairs. Thanks for the help.