Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who has a power feeder.....

Who has a power feeder.....

that wouldn't mind taking a few measurements? I am trying to find a feeder that will fit on a shaper that has about 3X5 area to mount behind the fence. I'm looking for the dimension of the pedestal for the upright support. the photo will show the small area that I have to work with. If I can't find something off the shelf I'll either make a base or add a cast iron wing from a table saw or something simular.

Forgot the photo!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

David, I think you will have to make some type of extension to mount a feeder on a small shaper, here are a couple photos provided by a fellow creeker who did just that, maybe Cameron will chime in with some more info.

Yeah baby! I knew someone else had to have done this before. I hadn't considered that small of an extension because of the table size to start with, but heck that works. Cool beans thanks for the photo

Another mounting method.............Rod.

Ayeah, I see this is a problem that not just a few have encountered. Looks good Rod.

Blog Entries
    David,

The pictures in Jeff Monson's post look to me to be the same shaper as yours.

If so, that mount should work perfectly for your shaper.

PHM

That's exactly what I was thinking also.

david
    what i did was bolt a 2x3 heavy angle iron full width of table right were the extra table would be "just made my table 3 inches wider" used the mounting bolt holes that aready exsisted. put in a cupple gusits were the feeder sets and drilled the angle iron for the feeder it made the feeder fit and did not reguire drilling any holes in my shaper lawrence

I had a Comatic 1 HP for a few minutes until I discovered UPS destroyed it in transit.

Another is on the way and I have the base is you want me to take a measurement. It is substantial to say the least.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chritz View Post
    I had a Comatic 1 HP for a few minutes until I discovered UPS destroyed it in transit.

Another is on the way and I have the base is you want me to take a measurement. It is substantial to say the least.

Joe
    Good lord, I do remember a mini stealth gloat the other day! Sorry to hear that. Its a mother waiting on stuff just to find it ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Chritz View Post

Joe
    Yeah, take a measurement please the more info I have the better. Alot of web site have the major measurements. (or none @ all)

Bases are generally 5-1/4" x 6" or so. I say generally b/c many share the same hole pattern.
    I think you'll probably need some sort of extension as you have very little space available, and some of that space may also have ribs on the bottom which you need to avoid. But it looks like you already have a few good options from the previous replies.
    good luck,
    JeffD

Make sure you watch for ribs under the table where you plan to drill and plan enough room for the socket to get in there too.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

5.25 x 6

I doubt you will find any much bigger or smaller. The base on my long since dead baby feeder is really close to that size as well.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"