Thread: What type of equipment was........

What type of equipment was........

...this feeder used on? I have searched the internet for info and turned up nothing other than parts references. Even the Delta/PC site has no info!
    Last edited by David Nelson1; 06-05-2010 at 2:45 PM. Reason: spelling

dang nabit Muskey.... Forgot the photo again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its a Delta 34-150 sits on a table saw fence for power feeding rips.

Thanks Van. I knew the model number, but had no idea of the application. Sits on the fence...... does it take a certain fence or is it universal as it suggests? Actually I was hoping it might fit a jointer as well.

I have seen one set up but never actually seen it off the fence. It was on a Uni with on Beisemeyer fence so I figure any wide TS fence would work fine. For a jointer my guess is you could rig something as I doubt (but do not know) the brakets will not go all the way down to the width of most jointer fences.

I have never seen anyone use a feeder on a jointer but I am sure it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    I have seen one set up but never actually seen it off the fence. It was on a Uni with on Beisemeyer fence so I figure any wide TS fence would work fine. For a jointer my guess is you could rig something as I doubt (but do not know) the brakets will not go all the way down to the width of most jointer fences.

I have never seen anyone use a feeder on a jointer but I am sure it can be done.
    Present owner writes "The clamping area is 1-5/8" wide max. (side to side).
    4" long (front to back) with a 3" steel clamping block that adjusts inward with the black knob that protrudes to the fence side of the unit. Adjusting the clamping block reduces the 1-5/8" to a min. of 3/8". There are also 2 set screw adjusters opposite the clamping block to adjust feed pressure to keep stock tight to fence.
    1" tall(the distance the feeder would clamp down onto the fence)."

I have a lot of T/G flooring to do over the next 6-12 months and the lenght of the stock is 12 foot. way to may linear feet to push by hand. I have never seen one on a jointer either, but almost ever manufactor includes a jointer as a possible use for their feeder.

People do use power feeds on jointers. I don't as you do lose the ability to 'work' a really twisted board. The powerfeed will just push the board into submission.
    I can't tell from the pic, but is that a single wheeled feeder (Uni meaning one wheel or to indicate it's made to go on a Uni?)? If so I think I'd look for a more normal 3 - 4 wheel feeder. You'll have a bit more versatility. Of course if it's cheap enough....one can never have too many feeders.
    good luck,
    JeffD

Jeff,
    It's a 2 wheeled unit. I plan on buying a 3 wheeled unit for the shaper. It was designed for a Unisaw and with some ingenuity I might be able to make it work for the jointer as well.