Thread: Grizzly G0634 Jointer/Planer feed roller problem

Grizzly G0634 Jointer/Planer feed roller problem

Mine is the very first machine shipped to US. I have used it very sparingly over the couple years, as I did not have much time for woodworking and in the meantime moved from Chicago to Los Angeles.

I was planing some white maple this afternoon and the planer stopped feeding. I did not hear a particularly loud noise but I had my ear plugs on so something may have broken but I am not sure.

I will call Grizzly tomorrow, but has anyone had a similar situation? Anything particular I should check before disassembling the machine?

I was not taking a deep cut at all, I had planed ~15 boards at the same depth of cut without an issue, and then the machine stopped feeding in the middle of the next board. I have never had any of my machines or tools broken before, this is the very first one, which is dissapointing...

Hey Frank
    Sorry about your problem, I had the same thing a few weeks ago.
    If you check the roller chain on the feed rollers, it probably jumped off the sprockets. It is a easy fix to put it back on but look for the root cause while you're in there. In my case, I believe I had the feed roller pressure set to strong which led to undo stress on the drive chain assembly and premature wear on some of the parts. I had to replace the lever, a couple of bushings and a sprocket that was bent because of the chain jumping off. Cost about $50 and the parts were shipped in a few days.
    My machine works as good as new now
    let me know if I can help in any way, Good luck
    History teaches us that both men and nations behave wisely,
    once they have exhausted all other alternatives~~Abba Eban

Had the same issue and it too was the chain...it had popped off the sprockets. Only happened once and for no apparent reason.
    Where will you be when you get where you're going? -- Jerry Clower

Chris and Ben,

Thanks guys!! Sounds like it probably is not a big deal. I will look into it tonight to see if I need any new parts. I will report back once I solve the problem!