Thread: Hettich Quadro slide too stiff

Hettich Quadro slide too stiff

Hi,

Normally I use Blum Tandem for undermount slides. I am working on project with small 9" deep drawers and very little depth. The Hettich Quadro IW21 slide fit the pocket depth and the Blum is slightly too long.

The issue is the Quadro slide requires too hard a push to engage the soft close. Enough that the average person would think the drawer has bottomed out and leave the drawer partially open. Conversely I also feel it requires a bit too hard a tug to pull out. Maybe this is in part due to the small drawer size and weight.

My question - Is there a way to disable or adjust the soft close? I cannot find any answers in the literature.

Other than that the slide runs smoothly. I hope I'm explaining the issue clearly enough...

Edwin

Ed,
    This is definitely a FWIW response so take it in that vein. I have used the Hettich Quadros on at least a hundred drawers in the last 5 to 6 years with absolutely none of the issues you are experiencing. My best guess is that they might be getting squished (not enough width).

Regards - Bill

+1

I used probably close to 40 pair on our kitchen 6 years ago w/o any issues. I used Blum soft close on my doors and some were too stiff so I disabled some of the soft-close mechanisms. Just thinking out loud but could you disable one of the slides soft-close mechanisms?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Ed,
    This is definitely a FWIW response so take it in that vein. I have used the Hettich Quadros on at least a hundred drawers in the last 5 to 6 years with absolutely none of the issues you are experiencing. My best guess is that they might be getting squished (not enough width).

Regards - Bill
    I thought I should report back that I found the root cause of my issue. The drawers themselves are sized perfectly, but apparently I mis-located the hole in the back that captures the hook in the drawer slide. It's only off by about 1.5mm but that's enough to engage the slide, but cause it to operate less than optimally. Now they are running really smoothly.

This said, I still think the spring mechanism that pulls the drawer closed is too strong for tiny drawers like mine. So I disabled it on one slide and left it intact on the opposing slide and it made an improvement. Sometimes people dial down soft close doors by switching off the function on one hinge and leaving it on the other. The biggest issue was the mis-located hole in the drawer back though.

Thanks for the responses.

Glad to hear you solved the "problem". Well done sir.