Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Metallica fans around here? Look what I got!! -Gloat w/pics

Any Metallica fans around here? Look what I got!! -Gloat w/pics

I picked up a very rare Metallica Box set apply named Metallica Vinyl Box. It has their first four albums (Kill'em All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, and ...Justice for All), the Creeping Death picture disk single, and the Garage Days Revisited. They are pressed on 180 gram audiophile grade vinyl and have new gatefold jackets. There are only 5,000 copies available... and I have two of them!! I have been listening to them this afternoon. They did a stunning job mixing this release. I paid $100 each for these sets and they are now going on ebay for $300+!! The one you see here is number 1280 of 5000.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Cool!,

Do you have Apocoliptica (sp)? It is Metalica played on four cellos.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Quote Originally Posted by Charles McKinley
    Cool!,

Do you have Apocoliptica (sp)? It is Metalica played on four cellos.
    Of course! Apocalyptica does an amazing job covering their songs. If you like them, then you should check out Kashmir, Symphonic Led Zeppelin. It is Led Zeppelin (duh?) performed by the London Philharmonic. There is also Hayseed Dixie who hillbilly bluegrass covers AC/DC, Kiss, etc...

Dan

Dan, shot and a score! CD's are great, but music on vinyl still has a certain "feel" to it, that many kids today will never know. So, what turntable/cartridge combo are you running on your system?
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Very cool, Dan!! That is an awesome find!!! Enjoy that music...

Keith

I am using a Harmon Kardon HK720 record player from the early 80's. I got it for free from a nieghbor of mine. I am using a Signet cartridge/needle that is seeing end of its days.

Dan

For the record: I was a fan until they cut their hair off and started making "radio acceptable" stuff. I prefer the old ride the lightning and garage days over this new stuff. Then again, I really like hard metal....not just rock and roll....

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Raines
    For the record: I was a fan until they cut their hair off and started making "radio acceptable" stuff. I prefer the old ride the lightning and garage days over this new stuff. Then again, I really like hard metal....not just rock and roll....
    Ahhhhh...Donnie, we're several states apart, but me thinks we may be cut from the same cloth! Here's one for 'ya: Favorite group of ALL TIME? I'm talking today, yesterday and well into the future! For me, it's a no-brainer: Rush! I don't believe there's another band around, who can produce as much quality music, on or off the stage and do it with only three guys!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Ahhhhh...Donnie, we're several states apart, but me thinks we may be cut from the same cloth! Here's one for 'ya: Favorite group of ALL TIME? I'm talking today, yesterday and well into the future! For me, it's a no-brainer: Rush! I don't believe there's another band around, who can produce as much quality music, on or off the stage and do it with only three guys!
    Maybe......maybe........

I like a little bit of everything actually.Now heres a big shocker for the board....my favorite heavy metal group is Deicide(I like the music...not the words...) but I sing opera......I do weddings and things like that from time to time....though it has been a while. Now, if you know who Deicide is...we are indeed cut from the same cloth....

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Raines
    Maybe......maybe........

I like a little bit of everything actually.Now heres a big shocker for the board....my favorite heavy metal group is Deicide(I like the music...not the words...) but I sing opera......I do weddings and things like that from time to time....though it has been a while. Now, if you know who Deicide is...we are indeed cut from the same cloth....
    Opera?! Yikes! Never quite got the hang of that! Now, I don't know who "Deicide" is, but here's another little-known factoid: You know how most folks think of heavy metal band members being a bunch of zero's, who only know how to slam on guitars & drums while screaming? Well, one of today's "heaviest" is "Disturbed". The main man in that band holds FOUR Masters' degrees!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Yep....its one of those "almost double standards" if you would. dont get me wrong...I am sure that some of them are real idiots....but not all. Sometimes it easy to paint with a broad brush. I love it all...except for rap and big band.

I hope Metallica come's out with another heavy CD..or album...

Donnie. Have you checked out their last one? It was quite heavy compared to their earlier works. The songs are also not very radio friendly at an average of 5-9 minutes in length. And yes, I do have that one on vinyl as well.

John. What turntable do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    The main man in that band holds FOUR Masters' degrees!
    Not surprising to me...music is like math in many ways and the level of intellegence required to write and perform is often extraordinary. Music today is even harder as you not only need tallent, you need smarts, including business sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages
    Donnie. Have you checked out their last one? It was quite heavy compared to their earlier works. The songs are also not very radio friendly at an average of 5-9 minutes in length. And yes, I do have that one on vinyl as well.

I guess your talking about St. Anger?....if so I did. It was harder when compared to some of their more recent stuff...but nothing like their early 80's stuff.

if you go over to Borders.com and type in Deicide or Vader....you will see why I call Metallica's new stuff "soft".....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages

Grrrr...You WOULD have to ask me that when I'm 50 miles away from the unit! I think it's an SL-D2, if I'm not mistaken. Used to be a very solid table, though right now, it's still in the moving box from when we relocated. Still need to build an ET, so that I can get all the gear back up and running. Got the stereo in the shop going, but don't think a TT would be good in there!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas