Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Metallica fans around here? Look what I got!! -Gloat w/pics

They had a kid on 60 Minutes last night who is supposedly the next kid Mozart. He has written 5 symphonies at the age of 12...says he can just hear the music in his head and just writes it down--correctly--the first time. Pretty amazing.

I have to admit that I didn't think much of his talent...wasn't like he was doing complex math or physics but maybe that is next when he bores of music....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Donnie,
    I don't think much of mettallica after master of puppets.Whoever made that boxed set seems to agree with me. I caught their show on that tour, they opened for Ozzy. Seems like they became "artists" or something after the Bassist died. What was up with that Sandman song? Did you ever hear any of their stuff way back when metallica and megedeth were the same band? Before they split up into separate entities? Pretty rough stuff, poorly produced.
    I've heard some deicide, I probrably even have some somewhere. They are your typical thrash death metal kind of stuff, gotta love that. Like you, I also love every kind of music. In my collection you will find everything from Johnny Cash to Johnny Vomit. Have you heard Chimaira or Mindless self Indulgence? You should check them out.

I cant say I have heard any of the really old stuff...in fact..I did not know they were "related" to Megadeath.

I have heard Chimira...I like them but do not have any of the CD's.

Yesterday, I got a box from New Jersey with box set # 2. I also picked up The Hives and Velvet Revolver. My house will be rockin tonight!

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Yep, It seems that Dave Mustaine and the Mettallica guy(I can't think of his name right now) had "artistic" differences or something(I think they just both wanted to be the frontman) and Dave went and formed Megedeth.

In fact if you get the chance you will notice that Mettallicas "The Four Horseman" and Megadeths "Mechanix" are the same song with different lyrics.

I only know this stuff because I had nothing better to do when I was a teen.

Dan, I really like the Hives, In fact I have a video playing right now--"Walk idiot walk" . If you do a google it's the first link. To me they are like a cross between the New york Dolls ( or the Sex Pistols) and the Rolling stones.How could you not love it?

Just went to velvet Revolver site http://www.velvetrevolver.com/index.php Ill have to check out more of them.