Thread: Grizzly Horizontal Mortiser

Talking Grizzly Horizontal Mortiser

Went to the Grizzly Springfield tent sale. There saw a machine that was never in the Grizzly catalog that looked like a horizontal mortiser, as I got within reach of the ticket another person grabbed it. I took the pic and checked out the manual that was with the machine. The only model # was JPD-30. After speaking with a Grizzly guy I found out this was the only one Grizzly ever had and decided not to carry the machine. The new owners were told that parts could be ordered but none were carried in stock. Since parts are still available, I would think this machine is build as a product for someone. Has anyone ever seen this machine, with a different name and or color? The machine looked very well made surly up to Grizzly standards. The only down side to the one at the tent sale didn't have the high speed spindle attachment with it. But at $995 I'd carted it back to PA and and made my own spindle. Maybe Shiraz could fill us in on the rest of the story. I"L p oS,t a Fu;Ll rEpoRt went I Ge t ho<me as I'M Tr Ying to tYpe as My w[i5fe drive s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The speed of light is much faster than the speed of sound; is that why some people look so bright until they say something?

Definitely a nice looking machine. I've always wanted a slot mortiser but have been priced out of the market on the higher end machines. (the euro machines go for $3500.00 +).