Actually, it's a very good deal. You get a good Laser lever, Wall mounting bracket, Tripod Bracket, and a tripod - All for 29.99.

The problem was that the ad didn't specify that you had to buy the tripod first, then you would get the money back.

There weren't any tripods anywhere in the area that they displayed over 500 of the lasers.

When I asked an employee about the tripod, I was told that I would receive a voucher for one, after sending in the rebate form.

When we started filling out the rebate form today the LOML said " Did you get the tripod? You have to have a receipt for it, too!"

GREAT - This was a Christmas gift for my son. Now I had to go back out today - a nasty and rainy day, to pick up a tripod (The rebate said that both parts HAD to be bought either Yesterday or today)

I went back to Sears, looked at the pile, only about 300 left, still no tripods.

I asked an employee where they were. He said " Over in hardware." So, I head over there. I get an older gentleman/ clerk and ask him where the tripods are. He shows me.

In our discussions we talk about the add vs. Rebate form. He gets the Deptartment manager.

I told the manager, we should probably go somewhere that other customers wouldn't overhear, because I was pretty upset. So, we WENT OUTSIDE.[grin]

I explained what I thought of the lack of correct information in the ad and from his employees. I also told him I was less than happy about having to come back a second time, just to get this corrected.

He asked what he could do that would make me happy? Money or what!

That was a great question for him to ask. It will defuse a bad situation quickly.

(Of course, I wasn't ALL THAT MAD!)

I said that Material was a win/win. I get more value and it costs him less.

So, I said that I'd take a Laser Level - only for free .. and call it square.

He though for a minute and said,"I can't do a Zero sale; how about $5.00. I said OK. He said, "You've done this before, haven't you!"

I said ........ Yup!

Bruce