Thread: Miter-saw Multi tool Stand progress

Miter-saw Multi tool Stand progress

Well friends this is how far things have come since the last pictures.

I've built & installed all the drawers to hold the tools from my mechanics tool box & doors. I still need to make the drawers for the Jet Spindle sander that will be inside the right door & Grizzly Portable Planer inside the left door & wire the whole cabinet for plug-ins for the afore mentioned tools & the CMS & Shopfox Mortiser that will set on top. Then I'll make some pieces to go between the partitions right directly underneath the top. The top is a piece of 3/4" MDF the will be edged with a bull nosed edge like the rest of my tool stands. Which you can see at my web site.

I came up with a unique way to raise the spindle sander once its drawer is pulled out. In the picture with the right hand door open you can see a plywood box it has a false bottom with a wheel-barrow inner-tube under it. The Jet sander sets on the false bottom & when its drawer is pulled out I can shoot the air to it & raise the Spindle Sander between 5" & 6" & install 4 pins to stabilize it. I did a mock up of this & it worked real good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 11-27-2004 at 11:18 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Hey Bart, you're coming along right nice with that project! Sheeeesh...I'll bet you're making drawers in your sleep! That's a neat idea with the inner tube. You'll have to shoot some pics with more details of that. I also like all the continuous grain on all those drawer fronts. Good thing you didn't screw one of them up! Good job; Carry on!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

That's coming along nicely, Bart. I see you were able to get those drawer slides in without imprisoning your arms forever!! I'm also looking forward to seeing more details about your "OSS Lift"...very unique idea! Kewel!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Bart -

Looks great. I like the inner tube idea - very ingenious. I only made 5 drawers for shop furniture - spread over two pieces - that was enough for me. You, my friend, are a drawer making machine!

Ted

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Looking good Bart!
    You have been busy!
    Anxious to see how the "Sander Lift" works.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Thumbs up

Very nice Bart!
    I havent made a thing for my new shop been to busy doing other things but that will make some good winter projects!
    I think I will make one sim to yours I like all the storage you have in yours
    Jim

Nice job Bart! Sometimes making a fixture for the shop is more fun than making furniture. Like your setup and the lift you invented. Looking fwd to seeing more of it. Great job!
    Jerry

Great job Bart. I especially like the continuous grain on the drawer fronts. Once I setup my saw I'm thinking about making some mobile cabinets for my tools as I am short on room also. Your wesite gave me some ideas.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.