Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini gloat on HF 2 HP Dust Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sherman View Post
    Has anyone seen one of the $139 coupons lately for this? I have been looking, but haven't seen it in any of the HF ads. It is on sale for $189 currently and could use a 20% coupon.
    Check out the magazine stand and the woodworking magazines. I believe I found my coupon in Wood magazine if not mistaken. This was last year.

Has anyone seen one of the $139 coupons lately for this? I have been looking, but haven't seen it in any of the HF ads. It is on sale for $189 currently and could use a 20% coupon.

Look in the last 2 Wood rags for the year. They have had them in there.

I just bought the latest issue of Wood so that I could get this coupon. It's in there, about 2/3 of the way back. The $139 and the 20% coupon are both there.

Blog Entries
    A few issues ago of This Old House magazine has the $139 coupon marked with expiration date of 01/14/11.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

This on is the 2hp HP.
    I did reuse the drum but narrowed it to fit the trash can this allowed me to use the center disc as a new ramp. Ive since replaced the frame with welded conduit pipe.(don't breath the stuff when welding !) and replaced the metal cart. I think your better of building a 2x4 frame in place of the flimsy cart frame and re use the wheels. Mine runs two lines out, one about 12 ft and the other about 20 ft. with 4 inch SW pip. Works well, but my chop saw requires 6inch line.
    Is this motor strong enough to us 6 inch lines Id figure to much ??? Im told the motor is just about a 1hp in real terms and the impeller is just over 10 inches diameter.
    I'm happy with my set up ether way. This is just another way to set one up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raul segura; 12-16-2010 at 3:15 AM.