Thread: A pleasant Lowe's Experience

A pleasant Lowe's Experience

So I was working in the garage the other day, chucking up my dewalt drill. It is going on 3 years, and the batteries are getting shorter and shorter life spans. I figured i had maybe another 6 months before I needed to find new batteries or a new drill.

So as I chuck up the drill, the part you grab with your hand starts spinning, massive grinding ensues, and the next think you know, the drill is in one hand, the chuck casing in the other. Pieces of the slip clutch are all around, and cursing ensues.

Well i start digging up the receipt, crawl in the attic, and find the old box with manuals and everything in it. It reads a 3 year warranty. The receipt is dated 8/15/2007. HAH, 2 months short of 3 years.

I go to lowes, figuring they would tell me to talk to dewalt, which would end up costing me probably 50$ in mailing back and forth, a month or so waiting on warranty work, and a lot of time.

Well, Lowes offers me a full refund. I am in shock. The receipt was actually older than their new computer system, so they just give me a gift card with the original balance, ignoring also the fact that the same drill now, which i paid 200$ for, goes for about 155$.

Made my day to say the least.
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Yet another reason that I only shop at Lowes anymore. Much more customer service oriented.

If I were you, I would certainly continue to do business with THAT STORE! As has been stated in other threads, there can be vast differences in how customer service is handled among different outlets within the same chain. You were treated right, suggesting that store is well managed. Same probably can't be said for all of them.

Lower has way too lenient a return policy. I've seen guys buy a power tool,build a house with it and get it all beaten up,lose the box,and still get a refund on it,when there was really nothing wrong with the tool.

Blog Entries
    My local Lowe's (2 different stores), has always treated me right.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Great story! My Lowe's has yet to let me down.

So where's the new drill man!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Wilson View Post
    Yet another reason that I only shop at Lowes anymore. Much more customer service oriented.
    I have a nice new Lowes by me. Only problem is that they barely stock anything and its really depressing when the employees tell me to go to Home Depot to get what I need. I have had really good success with my Lowes ordering BB ply for me at a REALLY good price.