Thread: Tool gloat (also my back hurts)

Tool gloat (also my back hurts)

I spoke with one of the tool guys at Sears Friday evening and complained about the benchtop saw I purchased back in September. The fence wouldn't stay aligned, the miter slots were not standard and with the aluminum top it was just too light. He said could bring it back so I decided to upgrade to a new saw. I ended up with this on sale for $499 plus a Craftsman club discount so the total was $467. My old onecost $200 so my out of pocket was only $267. I knew my old saw was a piece of junk and I did a lot of looking around before deciding I like the features of this saw. It has gotten good reports from other owners in other forums. I'll give a full report after I've got it assembled and tuned up. I'm just gald they took my old saw back for a full refund. This thing is in a metal crate and weighs 300lbs so needless to say my back hurts but it is a good hurt.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can get just the fence to add to my old cast iron Craftsman table saw? or maybe I can take my 15 year old saw back for a full refund and upgrade?

That machine looks pretty nice.

Looks like a huge upgrade IMO. Glad to hear you were able to make the switch. Good luck!

Marshall -

Aren't you glad you talked to the sales rep. You worked a great deal with the return of the old saw. You will be plased with your new left tilt.

Regards,
    Ted

I've been reading the setup manual while sitting with a heatpad on my back. This looks like quite a task to setup.

Thanks Scott. Tim I don't know if that will work but you could try.
    Ted, you are right - I'm glad I spoke to the sales rep. Others whose posts I've read ended up having to sell their saw like my old one or just giving it away. I was at the mall and for some reason just decided that I had nothing to loose. I'm really looking forward to using the new saw. I don know that I'm a Sears fan now.

Here is the one I traded in. Quite an upgrade. Even though I'm sure some of you have better saw I know I'm going to be happy with this.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Marshall,

I think you're going to be a happy boy once your back stops hurting. Let us know how it works.

- Ed

This really stinks. I'm off today and I don't have anyone to help me setup my saw until late this evening. I guess I'll do what I can but I'll need help turning the saw upside down to install the legs so I guess that will have to wait.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.

Sears had my saw on sale yesterday and today for $423.99 so I took a trip back to Sears last night. They matched the new price and took off the Craftsman club discount. I saved another $81 making the final cost of the saw $386 with taxes.

I've almost got it finished and I'll incloude some pictures when I do.
    Marshall
    A Stickley fan boy.