Thread: Default outline color

Default outline color

I just installed Corel X5. The default color for fill and outline were cmyk. I managed to make RGB the default for the fill but not for the outline, that defaults on every item as cmyk even if I change the first one to rgb. I have to go in and change every outline to RGB. How do I set the default outline color?
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

James

Go to the outline tool to set the default width, color and other settings. Save as default.

Just click on the pen.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Nope everytime I set it and save the very next object reverts back to cmyk.
    Vytek 4' x 8', 35 watt. Epilog Legend 100 watt, Graphtec plotter. Corel x-4, Autocad 2008, Flexi sign, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Impact X-3 and half a dozen more.

James

Let's try again. Open a blank page in Corel. Select the outline tool then say yes at the prompt then go to the color drop down and select the color you want--you will have your choice of all the palettes. Select the color and the palette and save as default.

When you open a new file this should default to rgb.

I'm not sure but your old files may revert to cmyk.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

No that does not work either. Before doing anything on the page it shows everthing to be RBG. Then say I draw a box, that outline is CMYK. I can bring up the palette and it shows fill and outline to be RGB, but they are not everthing I do changes right back to cmyk. I think it is a definate bug.

Just found another bug. All of the boxes I have been drawing are automaticly grouped and ungroup is grayed out on the menue. You have to break curve apart. I would go back to X4 but I got an error message 24 reinstall program. I tried to do that but then it would not take the serial #. I got tired of trying to reinstall so I just upgraded. I would recomend not going to X5 untill at least the first patch comes out.

James

See Tony's post in this thread. You'll have to do a little searching (in yet another post) but it may be an answer.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=142633
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Gravograph IS400
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7