Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A & C Lamp Table..

Nice work as always John. I like the QSO. She should be proud of the bed and night stand. Like you I make stuff for the family also. Stay cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent A Bathurst View Post
    Sarge - gotcha - thanks. I understand exactly what/how/why you did it. Something to file in the "bag 'o tricks". Can see why it would look nice with a contrasting wood, also.

Kent
    Someone gave me an idea when I explained that Kent.. I might do one at some point with contrasting wood but use a sliding dove-tail on the stretcher to enhance the character showing. Mmmmm.... why not? Very few things you can do that hasn't been done at some point in 5000 years.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Quote Originally Posted by Carl L Goff View Post
    Nice work as always John. I like the QSO. She should be proud of the bed and night stand. Like you I make stuff for the family also. Stay cool.
    Thanks Carl as she is most definitely appreciative. I'm appreciative of her father putting both L & R rear brake calipers on my wife's vehicle as we speak also. All in the family..
    Sarge..

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    .......... I might do one at some point with contrasting wood but use a sliding dove-tail on the stretcher..........
    Sounds great - show us an example when its done. Kinda blows the doors off the "cheater-tenon-in-a-hurry" part of the receipe, tho
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

Very nice Sarge.

Like the floating/exposed tenon idea, I will have to go back and re-read your description ... I may try that on a sofa table thats on my 'planning board'

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    Very nice Sarge.

Like the floating/exposed tenon idea, I will have to go back and re-read your description ... I may try that on a sofa table thats on my 'planning board'
    Thanks Leo.. stay in this un-forgiving humidity. My lovely was over your way in Temple Friday and Saturday visiting her brother.. SIL and parents who live a mile from her brother.

Regards...
    Sarge..

Quote Originally Posted by John Thompson View Post
    Thanks Leo.. stay in this un-forgiving humidity. My lovely was over your way in Temple Friday and Saturday visiting her brother.. SIL and parents who live a mile from her brother.

Regards...
    you outta wander out with her one time ... you could visit my tiny little (messy) shop!