Thread: TableTop Market

TableTop Market

Looks like everybody wants a piece of the pie and this one is only $1995.00 + extras of course. But still under $3000.00.

http://torchmate.com/products/torchmate_2x2/

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Adding his Z gets you close to $3K. I like the assumption on software EVERYONE has.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

angus are you not so keen on shopbot?

jim

No thats not it....Had a specfic question from somebody about plasma cutters and I just stumbled on this unit. and it dawned on me everybodys jumping in on the game.

Whats fascinating about this unit, is its a "table top plasma cutter", somehow I don't see that ending well in alot of cases.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Hines View Post
    No thats not it....Had a specfic question from somebody about plasma cutters and I just stumbled on this unit. and it dawned on me everybodys jumping in on the game.

Whats fascinating about this unit, is its a "table top plasma cutter", somehow I don't see that ending well in alot of cases.

Especially if the table top is wood.

Since when did Z become the fourth axis? You lose a lot of credibility when you misrepresent your product.

chuck, i think what happens is in mach each axis is a motor and drive, in other words they think of a dual drive y as 2 motors and drives IE: 2 axis and x as an axis. in thier world (and lack of a geometry class) z is a 4rth axis by numerical count and not of the cartesian method, inexperienced yes, misrepresentation maybe, but probably unintentional as with the torch and plasma machines all is 2d, when i speak to my metal friends with cnc plasma machines about a "Z" moving up and down and cutting 3d they look at me funny

Jim Not ours
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

When I think of a 4th axis for my machine I want spindle/lathe add on. I do use two motors for my Y though. It is still a 3 axis machine though.

I thought they only advertised a 2 axis machine (because it is a torch machine). Maybe I misread it??

True probably due more to the lack of geometry class. I guess it is just that it sounds better the higher the number of axis. I have an amp. The volume goes to 11. It's one louder.

3 axis x y z
    If you have 2 motors on one axis it is a slave axis.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

hey, the spindle rotates the bit, so shouldn't that be the 5th axis?? and maybe put casters on your table and you have a 6th axis machine!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mims View Post
    hey, the spindle rotates the bit, so shouldn't that be the 5th axis?? and maybe put casters on your table and you have a 6th axis machine!
    9 axis since it would be common to have at least four casters!!!!

Apparently this company has subscribed to the theory... "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, you baffle them with bullshot!!!!"

Thank god CAMaster and ShopBot know what they are talking about!!!!
    Thinking outside the box is one thing, being able to accomplish what you think of, is another.

Software Rhino 3.0 & 4.0, Corel 12, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, Parts Wizard, Visual Mill 5.0 & 6.0, Rhino CAM/Art, Claytools, Microsoft Word, Notepad.
    Access to Hardware CAMaster 510 ATC w/4th Axis 8' Lathe, Kitako 10 Spindle CNC 4th Axis Carving Machine, Polhemus FastScan and LDI Surveyor 3500 Laser Scanners, Sensable Haptics.

Shot their tech support guy an email to let him know how it reads.