Thread: New JEEP Commercial

New JEEP Commercial

I am not a big fan of Chrysler products but ,as a woodworker, this commercial makes me want to go out and buy one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi0SbrrGaiw

"Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

It's a great commercial, and Chrysler Corp. did it well (or their ad agency). Lots of nice photography!!
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Blog Entries
    I drive a Dodge truck right now. Even though I just had to change the water pump on it, I am still fairly happy with it. It has over 100,000 miles and is still hauling.

Not too long ago, I was unhappy with my Caravan. I think the problem was caused by taking it to a quick oil change place. They changed the oil plug without asking or telling me. The thing leaked oil after that. The unknown oil leak is what was likely most responsible for it having an early demise.

Be careful with those fast lube places. A lot of them do not have the same employees for more than a few months. Many of the places will change the oil plug to one of theirs to allow them to suck the oil out instead of draining it. Other times, they will use air wrenches to take them off and put them on. An oil plug should not be treated that way.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

That is a nice commercial, one that's enjoyable to watch.

We've been happy with my wife's Liberty, it's an '02 and now had 75,000 miles with only normal maintenance needed.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

At one time I owned a Dakota (1988) I just about rebuilt that thing. Transmission was aways slipping. I would take it in under the 100,000 warranty. Every time they would pull the pan and say "can't find anything wrong" $100 please Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Sold it at 65K miles.

Own an 1997 F150. Had to replace the engine at 75K miles.

I have a friend who had a Toyota pick-up. Sold it at 300K miles. Got $2,000 for it.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Here is another in the series for the Dodge Challenger.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMRMW1FXSHw

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

The one commenter has a good point. They lost me when they mentioned colt revolvers but got too wobbly-kneed to actually show something like a classic SAA, and showed horses instead.

It does look (from wikipedia) like the majority of the company is owned by the UAW VEBA, so it is domestically owned for the most part.

But, I can't get past the desire to be so PC as to mention a revolver and show horses.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    The one commenter has a good point. They lost me when they mentioned colt revolvers but got too wobbly-kneed to actually show something like a classic SAA, and showed horses instead.

It does look (from wikipedia) like the majority of the company is owned by the UAW VEBA, so it is domestically owned for the most part.

But, I can't get past the desire to be so PC as to mention a revolver and show horses.
    I hear ya but in defense what goes better with a horse than a cowboy and a single action revolver.

Actually, I guess a cowgirl with a single action revolver would be better.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

My first new car was a Chrysler product.
    Never again.
    Worst piece of junk I ever bought.
    No product support from either the dealer or Chrysler.

Only saving grace, I paid a friend two bottles of good whiskey to steal and burn it. Bought a fabulous Ford T-bird with the insurance money.
    As my grandfather once told me, "Think, and I am sure you will find a harder way to do it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Leftley View Post
    Only saving grace, I paid a friend two bottles of good whiskey to steal and burn it. Bought a fabulous Ford T-bird with the insurance money.
    Is this sentence likely to lead to a Sentence?