Thread: shop AC filter? jet air filter?

shop AC filter? jet air filter?

I have a ac/heater unit in my shop and I am worried about fine dust going into the unit. I think the "normal" filter is not appropriate for the shop environment. I thought about getting a furnace filter from home depot and cutting it down to size to use. Any thoughts, ideas, solutions that you have used? Also can I use a furnace filter as a replacement for my jet air filter or should I jut buy original equipment filters. Thanks Doug

Smile What type of unit do you have?

What type of unit do you have?

A window type unit?

Spit type?

Small central?

Steve
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

i would use the better quality 3M filter in the furnace. If your Jet uses a 12x24 pre-filter like my Delta does, you may have trouble finding a correct size filter at the BORG. When shopping for the Jet filters, compare prices with Woodcraft. They seem to have a better price on them.

John

Availability of the 12x24x1 Filtrete Ultra Allergen filters varies by location. A lot of small apartments and if I recall right, mobile homes used that size... I recall stocking a mess of them when I worked in hardware stores in college...

If your local BORG doesn't have them, you can get them at Amazon. Mind you, they are NOT cheap. A case of 6 goes for almost $100.00
    Trying to follow the example of the master...