Thread: Ideas for comfortable flooring

Ideas for comfortable flooring

I read a bit on here about dri-core, Delta_FL, and straight OSB on the shop floor.
    I am wondering if someone else has other ideas for comfortable flooring on the shop. I am more concerned with comfort than insulation. But durability is of course important. My current shop floor is concrete.
    I was thinking of a rubber like flooring similar to what you see in a athletic club.
    Not sure about the durability of that and my table saw has rollers... not sure if they would work on that surface.
    Thanks

I have 1/2" interlocking rubber mats on the floor of my workshop. It is very comfortable to work on. I used to have to put on my Redwing workboots to work in the shop no I am just as comfortable in my slippers!
    I can roll my Kennedy roller cabinet toolbox with ease. I don't know if it would hold up to your tablesaw. They weren't that expensive (about $.50 @ sq. ft.), so buy a package and try it out.

+1 Have had rubber interlocking floor for 10 plus years. Great to stand on, but tools do not roll well on it at all. Tom