Thread: Is this a good price for this bandsaw?

Is this a good price for this bandsaw?

$1500 for a 2005 Felder FB540 with 3 hrs on it?
    Last edited by Eiji Fuller; 07-06-2010 at 2:03 AM.
    Fullerbuilt

YES -- you figure anything similar would be double that or more. I would jump on it for that price. I would also consider upgrading the guides to ceramics. I love my Laguna LT18 and that is less than I paid for mine new back in 2001. All of them are made by ACM, although the Felder has a different column design similar to the Bridgewood (when they were still being sold). This is supposed to add rigidity to the frame. It also has a little over 13 inches of resaw which and a bit bigger throat than my LT18.

I would say go for it.

Scot

nice! Sounds like a good deal to me. 21.5" saw, good specs. I'd have bought it if I saw the deal while shopping for band saws during the last 3 years.

Was in SD this weekend, almost found time to hunt up FullerBuilt.com and see some of that mid-century modern stuff in person But SeaWorld won out for the family... I couldn't talk them into a side-trip to Eagle tools on the drive home either. Go figure...
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Great deal unless you don't need a lot of resaw height.

I have a Laguna Saw with ceramic guides and I can't for the life of me see the benefit over good quality Carters. I have to assume that the Felder comes equipped with wonderful guides.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.