Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am at a loss for words Just speechless

I am at a loss for words Just speechless

I don't know what to say

Warning...this video is VERY graffic. Parents may want to keep it from younger viewers. Glenn Clabo

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-az1...nsafe_driving/
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 07-08-2010 at 11:27 AM.

That's . . . that's . . . yeah, I'm pretty much speechless, too.

Chris
    If you only took one trip to the hardware store, you didn't do it right.

Its just hard to fathom how fast someone else could change yours or anothers life just like that, I mean

Yep, me too.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

wow.......
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

I had to turn it off less than halfway through, and that was with the sound off.
    "It's Not About You."

I think this should be a must watch at defensive driving or mandatory after receiving a moving violation ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Markovich Jr View Post
    I think this should be a must watch at defensive driving or mandatory after receiving a moving violation ticket
    +1 to that and maybe even in the school driving classes. Show what happens in that fashion it might make em think to pay attention.

I too could only watch half of this. I consider myself to be tough and have seen a lot of bad things but I just couldn't watch the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill LaPointe View Post
    I too could only watch half of this. I consider myself to be tough and have seen a lot of bad things but I just couldn't watch the whole thing.
    I only made it through the first two and shut it down. Same as you Bill I don't need to jar any old memories watching that.

Once it got to the little kid that was the end of it for me.

Its been that way ever since I had my first. I cant see or even think about something like that happening to any kid, much less my own.
    The worst part about mistakes is that you have to make them before you can learn from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Harry View Post
    Once it got to the little kid that was the end of it for me.

Its been that way ever since I had my first. I cant see or even think about something like that happening to any kid, much less my own.
    I agree 100% , I kinda put the shoe on my foot, makes me think about the next time i look away to answere my cell phone or change the radio station, also not for me cause i dont text message, but , what about the next message, I couldnt imagine that happening because iI was distracted by something or someone,

Just for the sake of discussion.... I'll go with this... Don't chop my head off:

Many of the scenes depicted are made up - I'm sure you all know this. The real ones and the Hollywood ones are or depict real consequences to the careless acts of others. While I believe in the message, those likely to be moved by it aren't the ones who need to watch it. The careless ones that we must share our roads with don't care enough to slow down... why would they sit, pay attention and get anything out of this? So then, who's it for?

I think there are two major reasons for the events shown (there are likely more, but I'm not a sociology major). Inattention and lack of caring. Neither of which will be changed upon watching this crash-fest by those who SHOULD watch it.

For the same reason that you can't teach maturity, some things need to be taught from within. For most, a change in attitude towards safety is a by-product of life's lessons, not a 9 minute Youtube video.

I'd like to know what other venues show this and what the measurable effects are, if any?

... discuss....
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    I think there are two major reasons for the events shown (there are likely more, but I'm not a sociology major). Inattention and lack of caring.

... discuss....

Impatience and Selfishness.

And yes, Selfishness is just another way of saying "lack of caring".

As a parent of young children (age 6-13), I find that selfishness and self-centredness is one of the hardest things I wrestle with. It just is not easy to teach them to overcome that.
    "It's Not About You."

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Reals View Post
    +1 to that and maybe even in the school driving classes. Show what happens in that fashion it might make em think to pay attention.
    +2 to that.
    It made me recall when I was in the service eons ago, before a holiday they would have Commanders Call. Everyone had to go to the base theater and watch a 30 minute Ohio State Highway Patrol movie of blood and gore. It was effective.
    And that was before mandatory seat belts, air bags, and cell phones.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14