Thread: Where to get air dried lumber

Where to get air dried lumber

I am in the San Antonio area and was wondering if there is anywhere around here that deals in air dried lumber. I am a hand tool guy and would like to try air dried vs kiln dried. Does anyone have any local suggestions or internet resources? Thanks so much!
    ~Aaron

2. Love to know the answer

Besides having a buddy with acreage and needing some mesquite cut down, I haven't a clue, but I'd love to hear the answers you get, (I live off Tezel, just inside the 1604)

I get a lot of high quality wood from this guy: (Rich Law) rlaw@cnymail.com

He ships all over the country. I usually get walnut, cherry, bird's eye maple, maple and ash. He will cut it to your specs. Reasonable prices too. I don't know about shipping since he's fairly close and I pick up.

cheers, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Try texaswoodwork.com in Burnet and mgsawmill.com in Huntsville. There is a mesquite mill in Corpus that air dries.
    Tom

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hall View Post
    I am in the San Antonio area and was wondering if there is anywhere around here that deals in air dried lumber. I am a hand tool guy and would like to try air dried vs kiln dried. Does anyone have any local suggestions or internet resources? Thanks so much!
    ~Aaron
    One of the best sources for wood like this is the Woodmizer network - just take a look at their site, and they list guys that have woodmizers that harvest trees for sale as lumber. You might have to do the final drying yourself by stacking & stickering it, but that doesn't usually take too long, and the cost savings is enormous.

6. Thanks David

I'll have to check that out. I can't afford Woodcraft prices! (well, maybe I could if there weren't so many tools that I HAD TO HAVE).

Thanks everyone. Looks like I have a few good places to start hunting. Wasn't able to find a link on the woodmizer site to let me know who's in my area though. Thanks again, and take care!
    ~Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Hall View Post
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I have a few good places to start hunting. Wasn't able to find a link on the woodmizer site to let me know who's in my area though. Thanks again, and take care!
    ~Aaron
    ... and one more for ya!
    http://www.mesquiteburl.com/
    in Georgetown, TX

Ted
    "And remember, this fix is only temporary, unless it works." - Red Green

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES