I have been reading through as many posts as I can find on SWP alkyd enamels, but still haven't really figured out the difference between the alkyd enamel and acrylic-alkyd - is the main benefit to the alkyd enamel the lengthier drying time that allows the brush marks to level out? I bought a quart of the SWP preprite and alkyd enamel to finish a modern bookcase I am building, and like the looks of my practice board after doing two coats of primer and two coats of enamel...sure would be nice if I could get the same look without the lengthy drying time in between coats though. Also, I was planning on doing a clear coat (I am thinking target coatings 9000sc) to finish it off and give it a high gloss, plastic look, but am unsure when I will be able to put it on after the enamel...do you have to wait until the enamel cures (30 days?)? Would that be a reason to go with the acrylic-alkyd?

This is my first time using paint/enamel to finish a project instead of staining, so any advice or comments would be appreciated. The Sherwin Williams guy I talked to didn't seem to really know the difference between the two other than the alkyd enamel having much worse fumes/emissions, so hopefully you guys can help out. Thanks!