Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just launched, Strip Petrel

1. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Albano View Post
    A few pictures of a Guillemot Petrel strip kayak that I have been working on for over a year. Handles very well, I am a novice kayaker. Paulownia, spanish cedar, redwood, cherry , fiberglassed. Thanks for looking, tony
    The real masterpiece, so beautiful
    Peter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful Job!

Excellent boat. Didn't know Pawlonia was a usable wood. Have one of these Empress trees on my property. Grows very fast and has to be really soft wood.

That is a very pretty piece of work! You've done yourself proud!
    ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YMMV. IMHO. FWIW. SYOB. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.

Thanks for all of the great comments; means alot

I want to join the applause. This boat is wildly inspiring.

But it is also a mystery. I have been looking but can't find information on getting those patterns. I imagine that you build up stock in layers and then cut your strips giving this effect of inlay. But that is just a guess.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery and I would love to flatter you further, but lack the imagination and am of small brain. Can you point me in the right direction.