Thread: 9 Kids

9 Kids

9 Kids.....that's all we go for Halloween. After several years of giving away full size candy bars, hoping the word would get out, we dropped from 30 last year. We are not in the best place to trick or treat, being at the end of a cul de sac, with most other houses not participating, but it has never been this bad.

Went to dinner with some friends tonight, they had over 400 kids.

Rick Potter

We had 15-20, about on par with the last few years. Our neighborhood is getting older and the kids are growing up.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

28 here.
    Our worst turn out in the 27 years we've lived here.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

0 here for the 30th year.

0 for the last 20+ years!
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

As part of my strategy of being a hermit, I just left the basket on the front stoop. That went pretty much untouched.

I have lived in my house for 11 years now and I think I'm up to about a dozen kids on Halloween over those 11 years. Probably more than half the years I got no kids. I live in a city neighborhood so it isn't like I am in the sticks or something. I think the house being 120 feet from the road doesn't help things. It really doesn't bother me not getting kids for Halloween. I've thought about just not buying candy and not turning on the porch light.

Zero for the past 12 years. I have a 300 foot driveway.
    David B

50 or 60 here, but it was raining and windy.

Used to live up a long driveway with a back door entry and we'd still get one or so a year (where I grew up). My mom would always have a full basket of candy, it was almost like a running joke. We'd, of course, eat all the candy the next few days.

Now that I have kids, I wonder what was going through the heads of the parents who drove up our driveway and took their kids out of sight of anyone. I guess they were hard up. We never went trick or treating because of our location, and because we didn't want to mooch someone else's neighborhood.

Here, nobody has a problem being a mooch. There's a parking lot at the end of my street (church) and anyone who wants a place with little traffic and lots of houses comes here. Never seen most of the kids, and we know most of our neighborhood pretty well. The church with the parking lot draws with a trunk or treat, too, I guess they're looking for members.

We only had six. I think the problem here was it rained all day through the trick or treat hours. Everyone else in this area except Fort Wayne postponed it for a day.

I missed all of the excitement when they get the chocolate eyeballs.

Oh well - next year...

I only had one that I know of, any visitor to my home need to knock loudly

We had zero this year.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

We get the same number every year. Zero. Which is what I prefer. Busy road. No young kids anywhere close. When our girls were younger and wanted to Trick/or/Treat, we had to drive them to a neighborhood a few miles away...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Twenty-nine kids..... As long as I get to see the neighbors kids, that's all I need....

I wore a Groucho eyeglass/nose/eyebrow combo while handing out candy. I don't think the kids even noticed or thought it was unusual.

Lornie

Zero kids here for the 3rd year now that we've lived here.