Thread: Snowed over breadcrumbs uncovered

Talking Snowed over breadcrumbs uncovered

Well, one of the trails of breadcrumbs finally got uncovered from all the snow we received. Guess what showed up from the woodworking show in Denver

The first picture is all the parts in the 7 boxes that were received (2 still on backorder). The final picture is the completed assembly. Assembly was pretty simple but there were a few items unclear in the manual until I got near the end of the work.

Going to use this Legacy 1200 mill to do the den, staircase, and other balcony spindles, ... (the list seems to be getting added to everytime I turn around.

Unfortunately, I am slipping over to the dark side since the center turns Save me! Save me! (NOT)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'll say one thing, that shop of yours is perfect for spreading out all the parts before putting something together!!!

Nice new too, Robert. Legacy does a nice job, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very nice!! I believe that you'll have a lot of fun with that Mill. It should make the chore of repetitous work much more enjoyable. Very cool tool

Robert,

Very Nice! I had the opportunity to take a close look at Bill Grumbines Legacy mill at one of the 5Barns picnics and I was definately impressed with the quality of their equipment. Looking forward to pictures of the fruits of your labor with the new mill.

Very cool! A few weeks ago at the Orange County WW show my wife was very impressed with their stuff. In fact the guy at the MiniMax booth seemed more ready to talk us into a Legacy than one of his tools!

Have fun with this and be ready to think in a whole new box (not the cabinet making box or even the lathe box)
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Way cool, Robert! A whole new world awaits you! But, you mention the "dark side". So, are you into the Neander thing, too?!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Well I did sharpen my chisels on the Tomek, also my neighbor's chisels, my knives, ... I expect I will need to buy a plane someday and am thinking of getting a scraper However, I refuse to carry a big club like the rest of you I need the power tools because if I were to try it by hand, it would take me 3 forevers to finish something instead of just forever - as evidenced by the time it is taking me to complete my workshop.

Robert...nice new tool!......I, however, will be "racing" you for the last to finish their workshop. Last week I got power in mine. I had already roughed in the wall outlets. It was sure nice to be able to plug my construction lights into outlets there in the shop rather than a 100' 12 gauge extention cord plugged into an outside outlet on the house! Just 2 more lighting circuits to roughin and then it's insulation, furnace, wall board.......well.....I way behind you....keep running Robert....I'll win!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....