Thread: Building a Carport/Shed combo. Looking for plans/advice

Building a Carport/Shed combo. Looking for plans/advice

We just recently finalized a deal on a new house and will be moving at the end of August. The house has a large double garage which I have already claimed as my new workshop. In exchange, I am required to build some sort of covered parking for her vehicle in the winter.

Next to the garage there is a parking pad already and I plan to build a carport (attached to garage) that also incorporates a shed at the back into the design (which I will use for lumber storage).

I plan to build everything myself, but am looking for advice or possibly plans that I can adapt from someone who may have built something similar before.

I have already searched tirelessly and haven't found anything similar online to what I'm wanting.

Anybody know a good site/book/place to look?

I can't recommend a book, etc., (I'm an architect, so I make my own), but you might want to check with your local building department. If you attach anything to your house, like a carport, you may need approved drawings.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Thanks. I have already looked into that and am now trying to do some research and formulate a plan.