Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Spent all day Saturday at the church working on the new stage. Installed trim and some more support headers (back wall is 13' high).

Sunday went to church then spent some time putting new table saw together. Hope to finish it this week but my evenings are pretty well tied up already. Only time will tell.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

I got very little done in the shop, just a coat of poly on the A&C bookshelf I'm building for my son and his wife. I spent a bunch of time up at church helping to finish the stage for the Christmas show, and in rehearsal.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    [QUOTE=Mark J Bachler]Friday Night

Slipped on the ice;

Hit the concrete;

Broke a rib;
    and the peg head on my 12 string;

Is the Guitar OK, Is the Guitar OK??? Hope it's fixed soon!

Oh yah! hope your feeling better too Mark
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Spent the weekend recuoping from Pneumonia. I'm just about back to 100% !!! the workshop is calling me.

I posted earlier about the 42 sheets of sheetrock I bought ,thought I would have to store as a kitchen job presented itself. Well friday I decided sheetrock has to go up,so moved all tools,wood etc. out.Got a sheetrock jack saturday,spent all day sat.and sun hanging sheetrock.Had Monday off,new furnace installed in the house,spent all day in garage tapeing and mudding.Have to go next sat. to get wood for kitchen job.It was a go.

Tom

Yo, Tom!! Pictures?????????

I worked all weekend getting some last minute shelves and a corner unit built for our current cabinet project. Today we sprayed the poly on about 65% of the cabinets.

I had plenty of time in the shop albeit not for anything for us.... I also have not started my Christmas presents yet. YIKES!!! <STYLE type=text/css><!--td.attachrow { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; }td.attachheader { font: normal 11px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; background-color: #D1D7DC; }table.attachtable { font: normal 12px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color : #000000; border-color : #000000; border-collapse : collapse; }--></STYLE>
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Jeepers creepers Jim Becker - that 45 degree miter sled is a darned near perfect match to mine here in Ringoes.

My weekend was pretty much spent in the shop knocking out this nearly eight foot high bookcase which will be located in the new bar room. It will be nestled in-between the two window seats on the East wall and anchor that portion of the room.

Unit is fabbed from 3/4" red oak ply throughout with solid red oak face framing and a 1/4" back. Although you can't see it in these particular photos, the outside edging of the face frame has a double beaded treatment.

Just the basic box is built right now. I have yet to finish off the top with crown moulding and I still need to get out my brand new Rockler shelf pin jig and locate the holes for the "pin" shelf supports. Also need to fab up the four of five shelves.

I know, I know - you are wondering about the "cut-outs" on the bottom and top of the unit. Well, it is supposed to be a faux "built-in". That means that at the top of the assembly, it is sliding underneath the soffit that pretty much surrounds the room and at the bottom, it covers over what is left of the original concrete block foundation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

For the most part, worked. I'm really busy right now and there are alot of hours spent away from home. I tried to do some woodworking Sunday afternoon, but got interupted by kids and loml. That is ok, spent time, in the shop, with Anna just talking. My shop has become the place to congregate. I don't like turning on power tools when the kids are throwing balls, or roller blading or climbing on stuff. So not much woodworking was accomplished, but again that is ok. I still enjoyed my time in my shop.