Thread: Help with Fein Dustex/Turbo 25

Help with Fein Dustex/Turbo 25

I have just received a Fein Dustex 25 (in Oz and Turbo in the USA). After such wonderful recommendations and a terrific reputation, I am thoroughly pissed off and hoping for some help.

Firstly, it comes with perhaps the worst documentation ever. The "manual" is a comic, and this contains NO written instructions. The parts are not numbered and have no reference to text. Consequently I do not know what half the (many) parts are used for. For example, when does one use what filters?

Secondly, it did not come with the paper bag that is in the illustration. Can the vacuum cleaner be used without the paper bag? I do have a Dust Deputy as well.

There is a extremely large fabric-like container (looks like a bowl) that fits over the pleated filter. When is this used? Does it replace the paper bag? It takes up a lot of room - how does one (can one) use this and the paper bag at the same time?

Regards from Perth

Derek

I just received a Turbo I. It was a reconditioned unit, but I assume it is complete. The only filter it came with was that felt/fabric one - no bag or pleated filter. I replaced that with a Cleanstream HEPA filter and Shop-Vac bag.

I believe your options are:

1. Use the felt/fabric filter alone
    2. Use a paper bag filter alone (Or not... I would worry about it tearing)
    3. Use a pleated filter alone (HEPA or standard)
    4. Use a pleated filter and bag together.
    Last edited by Michael Gaynes; 07-21-2010 at 1:09 PM.

3. the turbo is a great vacuum. mine came with a hose, two nozzles, rubber nozzle, and a fabric filter. I didn't up grade to the hepa.

Micheal covered it all, are there any other part you confused about?

Thanks guys, that is a great help.

Regards from Perth

Derek