Thread: Looking for some plans...

Looking for some plans...

Hello all, I'm new here, and not sure if I'm even posting in the right thread for this question, but I'll give it a shot. Please let me know if this isn't the right place, and where is.

I'm just about finished building an 8-sided poker table. Next I'm looking at chairs. What I'm actually looking for is a set of plans for some folding chairs that I can put a nice comfortable cushion on. Does anybody have a set, or know where I can find/buy a set?

Thanks,

Dave Tiell

Hi Dave,im kinda new here myself.did you ever check out U-BILD.COM ? they have hundreds of plans and kits, i got a set from them for a grandfather clock 20 years ago and they still have the same plans on there web site. happy hunting. Are we going to see pics of the table????

Welcome to the Creek, David. Try a Google search and you'll find loads of plans you can buy or get for free.
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

I checked U-bild.com and their plans are for either folding Adirondack chairs or childrens chairs. But thanks for the info, I'm sure it will come in handy in the future. So, still looking.

As for pics, they will be posted around the end of December to middle of January. I am currently finishing assmbling and routing the top, and awaiting the pedestal base. I ordered that, and had to send it back since 3-4 of the 8 sides had large cracks running the entire length of the pedestal. Now they are on back order until late December. By then, I should only have to sand and finish the pedestal and then finish assembling the thing. I will post pics then. Looking forward to getting this one done, a baby cradle is just sitting on the back burner waiting to be built next.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Welcome Dave,
    Great place to hang out. Super bunch of folks.
    But Dave as is the American way there is a cost for this valuable information.
    Price of admission is a steady flow of pictures of your work, tools, and plans. Not A high price mind you but fair.
    Glad to have you Dave. I'm a member of the self appointed picture police to keep everyone on the straight and narrow. We're here to help you.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Hi Dave -

What Tyler said. Great place to be. Somebody will come up with a source for folding chair plans. Waiting to see the pics of the table in January.

Regards,
    Ted

Just cruising an found this...can you adapt it to something you want?
    http://woodstore.woodmall.com/foldingchair.html

Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Welcome to the 'Creek Dave. Neat place to take or leave info as necessary! Beware Tyler and Chris Padilla.....they're the Photo Cops.....they'll hound you without end for photos! Again....Welcome!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    Just cruising an found this...can you adapt it to something you want?
    http://woodstore.woodmall.com/foldingchair.html

Glenn,
    Thanks, I found that one after doing some more searching on the web. I think it is what I will be going with. Should be easy enough to add a padded seat.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Looks like I found a good place to spend some time!