Thread: Texas SWAT

Texas SWAT

Hi Fellow Creekers:

Are any of you planning to attend the Texas SWAT Symposium August 27-29, in Waco?

The last time I went was 2007. I thought is a really well organized event.

Rudy Lopez, Paula Nicks and I are flying out there from FL.

Don Geiger

I will be there. It should be fun.

Alan

I will be attending, unless my daughter spoils my plans. She is expecting her third baby around the 14th of Sept. Her last two were 1 to 2 wks. early so my wife refuses to leave, so I guess I wll have to go it alone.

SWAT has always put on a 1st class symposium and I see no reason this one will be any less.

Bobby
    Louisiana

I will be there too.

Say hello to Waco for me. I was born and raised on the outskirts ... Bellmead to be precise. Unfortunately, I will not be attending.

I'll be there. SWAT has had good demonstrators, vendors, and the Instant Gallery always has some interesting pieces for inspiration. Lots of good visiting also.

Swat

Here is the link to the web site. It's a great symposium! This year they are having Special Interest Night (SIG) on Friday evening at 7:30.
    I am hosting a round table discussion for NEWBIES. Stop by to ask questions of a panel of experts.
    http://www.swaturners.org/info/info.shtml

This is from SWAT President Raul Pena

A new item this year will be a meeting of the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) on Friday evening. This year we will have SIGs for beginning turners, segmented turners, and ornamental turners. We have such a great panel of moderators for the Beginning Turners SIG meeting (Bob Edwards, Clay Foster, James Johnson and Craig Timmerman) that even advanced turners will find this forum interesting, informative and hopefully engaging. Two very talented turners and great teachers, Andy Chen and Delbert Dowdy, will lead the Segmented Turners SIG. Dan Henry, who has demonstrated his Rose Engine at SWAT a number of times, will lead the discussion in the Ornamental Turners SIG.

Hope to see you there!!

Meet in Texas

Thanks to those who responded. It's always nice to meet other Creekers. I'll be in the Robust booth helping Brent English. Please come by and introduce yourselves.

Below is my photo so you'll be able to pick me out.

Don Geiger
    Attached Images Attached Images