Thread: Thanks Lee Valley

Thanks Lee Valley

Once again Lee Valley has gone above and beyond. I've been a member here since the beginning days of the forum, and although coming here daily, I rarely post. However, I feel that I must share the following. Today, when I came home from work, and was sorting through my mail, I noticed a priority mail evelope from Lee Valley. I order from them somewhat regularly, but I don't have a current order outstanding. As I opened the package and read the letter, I was totally suprised that Lee Valley had sent me a cover for my MKII power sharpener, which I had purchased earlier in the summer. Not only had they sent a cover; it looks great, and at NO CHARGE! This type of customer care is the exact reason that Lee Valley is the first place I go when I need something for my shop. Thanks Rob!

Jim

Hi Jim. I agree that Lee Valley is right up there at the top.

I am lucky that there is a Lee Valley store about a 15 minute drive from my house. Along with their great merchadise and service, they offer an extensive variety of courses with all the profits going to charity. Each year, I take at least four of these courses and I have learned a LOT from them.

I agree!

I went to the Lee Valley store when I was in Calgary a few months back. I filled out a customer comment card, giving them and the store an "attaboy" for being such a great company. A week or so later I got a personal letter, thanking me for my kind words.

I have not found any company, in any line of business, that consistantly provides such a superior level of customer service.
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

Greatest company for service I have ever dealt with. Also, some of the greatest engineering and quality manufacturing. Just wish they had US stores.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Annabelle, in customer service cleared up a problem with a water stone purchase I made. Lot's of help and friendly too!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

You know, I frequent several forums and have yet to hear one negative thing about Lee Valley from hundreds of folks. These people really do put the customer first. I remember distinctly about the man on line who was building a cabinet with casters. He wanted to know the height of the things in that they had not yet arrived. Leonard Lee came on line and advised that he had just measured them and gave the demensions. Can you get better than that? I think not!

Thumbs up A new chapter

I would like to add another chapter to this thread of thanks.

I am making a pine blanket chest for my grandaughter and I want to have it completed by Sunday morning. Yesterday afternoon I went to the local Lee Valley store to purchase some hinges. They were out but said that the hinges were in stock in Ottawa (250 miles away) and that they would put a rush shipment on them to my house at no additional cost to me. The hinges arrived 10 minutes ago.