Thread: shipping advice needed

shipping advice needed

I am trying to negoitate shipping on a Festool saw but my seller is unable to find a reasonable way to ship the guide rails. FedEx is wanting $125 because they are long.

I think I could buy new rails locally for less than the shipping. I could sure use some ideas short of making a 6 hour drive to pick them up.

Thanking all in advance

Do with just the 4 footer until you get into town.

Did you get a quote from UPS? I've shipped some 9' long pieces via them, and don't remember the oversize charge being anything significant...

I would also check with Greyhound. I know it sounds strange, but someone shipped me some lumber via Greyhound. I had to pick it up at the bus station, but the shipping was much cheaper than any of the standard options.

Giants need not apply

One track is 106" and the other is 55" they can be shipped as one the total weight is no more than 25 lbs . The width of the tracks are 12" wide and about 1/2" thick and UPS wants $125.

I will check with Greyhound. I think a bus ticket for a person would be less. Well, maybe they would charge more for a 8'8" fellow. But surely not his 4'5" companion.

I just had some molding shipped to me via fedex. 6 pieces of crown, 106" long, and a few other pieces in there. Shipped for about $25 from NC to AL.

Call UPS and price shipping.

Maybe if I call I can negotiate but both UPS and FedEX are charging about $125 for the 108" guide even though it weights so little.