Thread: Anyone buy one of these?

Anyone buy one of these?

Wynn Environmental has replacement filters for air cleaners:

http://www.wynnenv.com/jet_filters.htm

No, not for an ambient fixture but I have a Wynn canister on my Powermatic DC and love it...and was really wowed by their customer support and technical knowledge.

I've had my air cleaner for a few years. It might be time to give these replacement filters a try. I love my Wynn canister on my Jet DC 1200. It still works great after about 4 years. Stays clean, too with the Thien baffle.

Blog Entries
    David,

Which one did you get (what material)? When my DC2000B came in, I was going to go with the super material because it is washable...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I went with the new nano...mostly because I was not sure how strong the motor or the design the used DC I had bought was and figured an extra $15 dollars (more than the spunbond) was worth lowering the pressure drop as much as possible (while still getting the full 274 sq. ft of media)

I use disposable 3M filters for the exterior filter. They are higher MERV ratings than the Wynn, so the exterior one doesn't seem like a good deal. But the interior large pleated filter, when it needs replacement, seems tempting.

My understanding, though, was that the interior filters last a long, long time as the exterior filters are sacrificial and protect them.

Oh, and I have the Wynn 35 nano cannister filter for my HF / Thein DC and love it too.

I have the paper blend canister because I wanted the square fottage. The nano wasn't available back then, but I still would make the same choice today. As I've said in previous posts, I think the Thien baffle is not an option, it is a requirement. I made a flapper for my canister, and it didn't keep it clean. All those chips get jammed in there and you can't get them out. The only solution is to prevent it in the first place.