This didn't seem like a 'woodworking' question, it's more of a construction thing so I figured I'd try this forum.

My Mom's house has several long fascia boards that have been eaten up by carpenter bees. She wants to get them replaced (and I'm too far away to hop over and do it), and I volunteered to help by writing a brief description of the work that she can use to get quotes.

Basically to prevent the carpenter bee problem from recurring I want to specify some type of non-wood trim board, but I am not familiar with what brands are available local to her or what the differences might be between brands.

What I'm looking for is a good clear description so that the three contractors/handymen providing quotes will be quoting the job with fairly similar materials. In other words, I don't want one guy to quote Azek and someone else quote #2 pine. The trick is to leave the description broad enough that I don't leave out a 'good enough' material, but narrow enough that she doesn't end up with wood.

Is it enough to say that materials used must be "non-wood trim board", or should I specifically say "PVC non-wood trim board", or something else?

Also, do these types of materials always come primed, should I specify that all boards be primed on all six sides before installation (like I would with wood), or is priming just not important with these synthetic materials?

All ideas and advice welcome, thanks.