Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good joint supplements?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    As my daughters Vet has said about supplements ND there is no data that supports the use of them. If you belive they work then they may work fo you as the mind is very powerful and can induce results.
    Shun the non-believer.

The vet may be right where dogs/cats are concerned, I have no idea.

But controlled studies seem to indicate some supplements help for people.

Here is one article from WebMD:
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-lifest...de-glucosamine

Here is an article w/ more detail from the NIH:
    http://nccam.nih.gov/research/results/gait/qa.htm

I've been taking Glucosamine + Chondroitin and it seems to help my ankle. My Doctor's recommendation was - keep taking it, but the studies are not yet conclusive one way or the other. Fortunately my problem is minor, and there are no side effects noted.

Any good joint supplements?

Pegs...
    I like pegs.
    Nothing beats the looks of (IMHO) a pegged mortice joint.

Yeah, Phil, interestingly, my (dog) vet recommended Cosequin (the animal version of CosaminDS, made by the same company) for our aged dog when she was diagnosed with spondilosis...the differences were night and day.

My (horse) vet recommended Cosequin for our aged horse...again, marked improvement.

My wife prides herself with surrounding herself with the best "people" she can, both in profession and in heart. Our vets are no exception. They are not only top of their fields, but are some of the best folks we know, are invited to our parties, and us to theirs. They aren't quacks...we've had to deal with those, and by quack, I don't mean alternative, I mean cooky. We have no issues with accupuncture and massage, both for us and our animals, when necessary. I do draw the line at voodoo.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    I do draw the line at voodoo.
    You're doomed to poorly fitting dovetails until you bite the head off a live chicken and drink the blood, then plant its feet in a small flower pot filled with beaver excrement.

I thought everyone knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    You're doomed to poorly fitting dovetails until you bite the head off a live chicken and drink the blood, then plant its feet in a small flower pot filled with beaver excrement.

I thought everyone knew that.
    That might work better than Glucosamine. I tried it on a half lap miter and it fell apart.
    Does the breed of chicken make a difference?
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Costco sells liquid Glucosamine. The pills never worked for me, but I would be a hobling cripple if not for the liquid Glucosamine. Knees don't hurt at all now..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I have problems with my wrists from time to time (probably from swinging 5-gallon buckets of paint around, you know, job and all). When they flare up, I take the Knox NutraJoint powder (mix it in a drink once a day). A couple months of that and I'm often good to go for quite a while. And, when I say my wrists flare up, it's only certain positions combined with pressure that cause pain, such as doing pushups or pushing a self-closing door open with my hand flat against the door. It also seems to help my knees a little bit, but they aren't that bad to begin with because I stay fairly active--running cross country while growing 10 inches in one year was probably not the best thing for them.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore