Thread: PC Case Build 4

PC Case Build 4

I had to do a quick build for a PC case. This one was to be used as a small development server. It needed to have a retro feel yet still present a hard drive carrage and Optical drive.

The challange was how to make it look retro yet show the drives. I chose a less is better aproach. Its kind of like an old stereo and 8 track look.

The legs connect to a threaded bar that use the top and bottom to sandwhich the center section. This allows movement and dissasembly.

Its elevated as there is a filtered fan in the bottom that cools the system before blowing out the back.

Its mostly Poplar with 4 maple corners. The raw wood looked too modern so I used a milkpait, glaze and topcoat aproach. This worked and the client is very happy. It sits on one of his scretrarys in his office.

I think on my next build I may look at recessing the drives and covering them with a small door.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Simpson Virgina; 08-02-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Nice custom enclosure Michael. If it works for you, it works for me! We are limited only by our imagination when building one-of-a-kind items.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

I have often thought of making a computer case out of wood. Most recently I was thinking of a way to make my computer blend in better with my recording studio console. Looks great.
    Tony

If at first you don't succeed,
    you shouldn't try skydiving.

That's a really neat ideal, Michael!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Nice build and did an excellent job of handling the poplar.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Cool idea and excecution!